VAT Manager, Open to flexibility
VAT Manager (full time, part time and flexible hours considered)
Job Description Summary:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system. Join us and you’ll help manage clients' global indirect tax risks, providing innovative tax solutions and advice to your clients. You’ll help them to understand their indirect tax position and better manage their tax risk. And in turn you’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
- you'll have a solid foundation of some years of practical experience in consulting clients on complex VAT issues
- you’ll be a sound deliverer of outstanding project work to time and to budget
- you’ll have a demonstrable track record of effective team working
- you’ll have experience of generating your own project work with clients
- you’ll be adept at sharing knowledge and assisting the development of new recruits
- you’ll have experience with innovative industries in sectors, such as biotechnology and life sciences
- you’ll be able to service a variable client portfolio ranging from international businesses to not-for-profit organisations
- you’ll be willing to travel and collaborate with the wider regional tax team.
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.