Assistant Manager / Manager, Treasury Advisory - Part time, flexible working, returners
Assistant Manager / Manager, Treasury Advisory, Financial Advisory
Deloitte's Treasury Advisory team provides expert advice on cash and liquidity management, management of financial risks and other Treasury challenges to listed and private companies.
The team works alongside Deloitte's Financial Advisory professionals, providing both standalone Treasury Advisory services and transaction-related Treasury advice in the context of corporate finance transactions such as M&A and IPO. Our diverse team combine sound technical skills with an in-depth understanding of the drivers of corporate value and Treasury success factors.
Examples of projects include:
- Advising private equity and trade buyers on a variety of risks including the currency exposures their targets face, how to reflect these in valuations and how to protect themselves from funding currency exposures between signing and completion;
- Working with companies pre and post-acquisition, either to carve-out, establish or improve Treasury operations, or to integrate two existing Treasury functions.
- Supporting companies that are either in the process of refinancing debt or experiencing restructuring challenges through areas such as improving financial risk and cash management;
- Working closely with companies owned by private equity funds in bolstering their Treasury operations. We cover all Treasury activities including governance and policies, cash and liquidity management, bank relationships and Treasury’s organisational strategy and structure.
- Supporting capital markets work such as class 1 acquisition/disposal and IPO, primarily in the context of the working capital statement by assessing the Group’s financing facilities and other financial risks faced by the business.
We are seeking to expand and are interested to speak to talented individuals with an accounting/finance and ideally Treasury background and an interest in learning about corporate finance transactions.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss this with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager / Manager within Deloitte's Corporate Finance Treasury team you will have the opportunity to support the expansion of a business focused on serving Corporate Treasury teams with their most complex financial and operational challenges.
As an integral member of the team and the wider firm you will play a key role in supporting both delivery of projects and business development initiatives. You will focus on project delivery whilst supporting senior members of the team to increase our pipeline of opportunities, providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership, marketing, innovative propositions and the ongoing establishment of our market-leading position.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations. Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis.
The work on offer to applicants at Assistant Manager / Manager Level includes:
- Provision of corporate finance transaction-related advice, which includes preparation of due diligence reports, management presentations, working capital reports and taking responsibility for preparation of information and communications with our private equity and corporate clients;
- Researching industries and companies for both deal origination and transaction analysis;
- Advising and assisting companies with the implementation of the operational aspects of both small and large scale projects, such as cash management solution implementations and treasury transformation projects;
- Contributing to marketing and business development opportunities both internally across the firm and externally, building and developing our network of relationships;
- Supporting senior members of the team in identifying opportunities and preparing proposals to clients; and
- Our team is part of Advisory Corporate Finance, which provides a range of complementary advisory services to a wide range of companies. You will work closely with our experts in the Debt Advisory and Transaction Services teams.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time role with flexibility for suitable part-time arrangements. The role requires the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a transaction.
Your professional experience
To be considered, you will ideally possess some or all of the following attributes:
- Qualified (or training towards) accountant (ACA or equivalent) or other relevant professional qualification or degree such as CFA, AMCT, Master in Finance with a good understanding of accounting principles as they relate to Treasury;
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, and the ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis;
- Report writing experience, with the ability to document findings and recommendations in a structured and clear approach;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with clients and other professionals across the firm on their particular skill set;
- Critical mindset, with a natural desire and ability to ask probing questions and get to the bottom of challenges;
- Open mindset to do a wide range of work as required to help a growing and busy team expand;
- Desire to work in an advisory consulting environment and build a business and a career in professional services;
- Corporate finance transaction experience (desirable);
- Treasury experience gained ideally within the Treasury department of a large corporate or in a consulting firm; and
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (desirable)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application