Board Chair (up to 2 days per month)
Location & hours
- Up to 2 days a month for 4 years (renewable for a second 4 year term)
- Voluntary – supported by an established Clerk for administrative needs
Here at Ada, the National College of Digital Skills we believe everyone, from any background, is entitled to a quality education and a better future. We are using digital skills as a tool for social mobility to remove the glass ceiling for women and individuals from low-income backgrounds in the tech industry. It’s our aspiration that by 2022, 50% of our students will be women and 50% will be eligible for free school meals.
We’re looking for a passionate and committed Chairperson to help us through our next growth phase. The next Ada Board Chair has an enviable opportunity to leverage notable existing stakeholder relationships and develop new ones in support of a significant ‘scale up’ for the college. You will hold the CEO and board to account, and act as an ambassador, advocate and influencer across industry, government and the local community. We will rely on you to provide inclusive leadership to effectively leverage the board’s capabilities, ensuring they deliver on the college’s mission and vision to maximum impact.
Our students are the future game changers: challenging the norm, excited by change, and resilient in the face of adversity. Are you ready to take their lead?
- An authentic interest in our mission
- A commercially astute, experienced senior leader with significant achievement in a complex environment, ideally in industry
- Comfortable operating in a high profile visible capacity and championing fundraising asks and campaigns
- Well networked across (preferably the technology) industry and experience of working with education partners, senior government officials/ministers
- Academic experience relevant to the college is considered advantageous
- Personal qualities of integrity, conscientiousness and credibility
Appointment process and recruitment timetable
If you would like to discuss this post, please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 20th April 2018