Bookkeeper / Financial Controller, part time, 2-3 days
Plumis is the manufacturer of Automist: a ground-breaking fire sprinkler alternative for the home. We are looking for an experienced self-motivated and well-organised part-time bookkeeper / financial controller to join our entrepreneurial team that is focused on ensuring more homes are better protected from fire. Our main office is based near to Clapham North tube station.
- Working knowledge of financial systems (Primarily Xero)
- Receiving and processing invoices from our suppliers
- Processing payroll
- Preparing month end management accounts
- Chasing late payments from UK customers
- Entering month end journals and accruals
- Preparing first draft management accounts
- Allocating receipts
- Reconciling control accounts
- Financial reporting (e.g. KPIs, grants, board meeting packs)
- Strong, clear communication skills both over the phone and via email
- Proven high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to respond positively to queries via email and phone
- Ability to make and explain decisions, use your initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritise workload
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent) essential.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a bookkeeper
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, including a solid understanding of the balance sheet
- Experience working with accounting systems, particularly Xero
- Advanced Excel skills
STARTUP CULTURE - Our open-plan HQ in Clapham offers a unique startup culture. Full of energy and a community feel. We work hard to create an environment where all can be productive with lots of transparency. While the work may be difficult at times, we are focused on creating a culture that won’t add to your stress.
AFFECT CHANGE - We’re constantly growing and evolving. Plumis members need a steady hand and a strong vision to help affect change in every new stage of our journey and come up with unique ways to brighten our customers’ lives. We feel privileged to work on a product which keeps people safe from fire.
WE’RE FLEXIBLE - Striking a balance between work and life is important. Be prepared to manage your own time. We keep our hours flexible and our workspace unstructured - basically, you can work in a way that suits you. This is a lively working atmosphere with many nationalities and types but all enthusiastic about their goals. Our production guys love to hear loud music with their lighting that flashes to the beat.
THE PRODUCT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - We care about the quality of our products and have a history of winning international design awards. Automist won the James Dyson award in 2009, it was selected by the British Library as one of the top 15 inventions of the last decade and more recently won the coveted Red Dot: Best of the Best 2016, the highest single design distinction.
If you would like insight into what we are about, watch the video the BBC filmed:
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply via the button below with a CV and short covering letter.