Senior - Global Compliance and Reporting, Open to flexible working
Senior - Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) - EMEIA Tax Centre (ETC) Direct Tax / Transformation
The Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
Our Direct Tax and Transformation professionals work closely with the client finance and group tax function, leveraging their multi-country GCR experience, tax technical and project management skillset to ensure our client’s maintain compliance whilst bringing them insight and assisting in delivering against their transformation agenda.
Acting as the primary point of contact and developing trusted business relationships across the account, we provide clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative and business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value.
Our unique position enables the team to build a wide network across EY service lines and countries, working collaboratively to bring together all of the EY services and expertise available to meet their client needs, while utilising EYs leading edge Tax Technologies to design, deliver and manage clients tax compliance and transformation journeys through the complex and ever changing tax landscape.
Join our fast-growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a Senior. The role will give you the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements in a direct tax capacity where you will have the opportunity to develop relationships on key accounts and provide your clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value.
Our team is a true mixture of diverse individuals from various backgrounds – from Finance and Tax, to Project Management and Languages, all with a common desire to provide exceptional client service. Your portfolio will include a broad scope on Direct Tax and you will be working on established accounts, seeking process improvement opportunity in both EY and Client processes and implementing services for new clients. If you have a keen interest in tax processes, project management and technology, you will have the opportunity to use these skills on a daily basis as well as continuing to develop direct tax knowledge.
This is a very exciting time to join our team as we continue to grow.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior within our team you will be working on a varied and global portfolio of client engagements – ranging in scope. These clients will be household names and you will be a key component of a team responsible for a broad scope on Direct Tax including:
- Management of the direct tax deliverables under the global outsourcing compliance engagement
- Implement new engagements and seek process improvement opportunities on existing engagements
- Helping drive efficiencies on client’s or EY’s processes, designing and implementing simple solutions to complex processes, leveraging benefits of standardisation, centralisation and technology.
- Supporting account resourcing, budget and delivery
- Understanding of our service offerings and connecting our clients to EY subject matter specialists
- Maintaining quality standards
- Resolving client and EY Local issues
- Developing and driving forward our Transformation agenda and overall strategy
- Supporting pursuits with other more senior members of the team
- Coaching and developing junior team members
You will be supporting across our compliance and transformation pursuit and delivery teams, working as part of a team to identify opportunities, manage issues and deliver exceptional client service, building strong relationships based upon trust and doing the right thing.
Your day will be structured around internal and client catch ups or conference calls, managing the key activities you will be working on that day / week and what needs to be prepared for upcoming client meetings. Beyond client service activities you will be supporting the EY network on proposals and business development within your engagement and the wider team.
As a Senior at EY you will receive proactive coaching and development from the team and will have the opportunity to continuously learn as you progress in your career.
Skills and attributes for success
- Basic corporate tax compliance experience
- Experience working as part of a team managing multi-country outsourcing engagements
- Project management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and takes personal responsibility and accountability of their own work
- Problem solving capabilities– identifies an issue, evaluates, designs a solution and implements
- Ongoing commitment to continuous improvements
- Process focused with experience working as part of a team to implement process or technology changes
- Strong communication skills and experience working with multi-country teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- Accounting qualification and/or Tax qualification
- Project management experience
- Tax Transformation / compliance process improvement experience
- Experience working in corporate tax compliance, in professional services or industry
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbally
- MS Excel and word capability
- Understanding of tax technology
- Track record of strong delivery
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of rollout and/or implementation of tax technology
- Proficient multi-tasking ability
- Experience working in teams across multiple jurisdictions
What we look for
We are looking for individuals with broad experience and a transformative mindset, people who can see past what we do today and dream up what we could do tomorrow. We want people who communicate well, work as part of a team and drive their responsibilities through to completion. An energetic team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with client and EY teams alike. Someone who can manage issues through to successful resolution, strengthening the client relationship..
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- The role is based in London, but for the right candidate we are open to look at flexible location
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We announced that we are evolving flexible working to ‘hybrid working’, we think that, in the future, our people will work on average around 40-60% (2-3 days) at home and the remainder in an EY office or client site. This is because we’ve established that it’s how we use our offices that is key – as places for collaboration, learning, socialising and teaming rather than as a place for individual working – this can be done more effectively remotely, in most cases. Ultimately, it’s ‘location with a purpose’ – you’ll work where it’s right for your client, your project, your team and of course for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply now.
Join us in building a better working world