Accounts Senior / Semi-Senior
The Business & Opportunity:
A well respected, forward thinking and reputable accountancy practice based North of Malton is looking for a Senior or Semi-Senior to provide an excellent service to their client base. This consists predominantly of small businesses across a wide range of sectors.
Reporting to one of the Practice Managers, and working as part of a small team, you will take responsibility for the following tasks:
* Accounts Preparation for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders;
* Reconcile Balance Sheets;
* Prepare working files for Partner review;
* Draft Corporation tax computations;
* Help and guide clients with their bookkeeping, including cloud systems;
* Monthly and quarterly VAT returns and registrations;
* Liaise with and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
* Must have worked within an accountancy practice;
* Accounts preparation experience, comfortable and experienced with limited company accounts, VAT returns and year end accounts;
* Familiar and competent with MTD (Making Tax Digital);
* A formal accountancy qualification is NOT essential, hence they will happily consider Qualified by Experience, AAT, Part-qualified, as well as ACCA/ACA, and study support can be provided.
* Competent and experienced with cloud based accountancy packages, e.g. Quickbooks, Kashflow, Xero & Sage.
* Thrive in a small office environment, with good interpersonal skills to liaise well with clients;
What's on offer:
* A competitive salary in the region of 20-30k dependent on experience;
* Flexible working hours, including some working from home, full or part-time (at least 2 days per week).
* The opportunity to work in an established and growing firm, in a friendly environment;
* A North Yorkshire location, easily accessible from all parts of Scarborough, Malton, Pickering, Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside, Thirsk, North York Moors and York.
* Interviews are being conducted asap, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
N.B. Lyons Recruitment are exclusively retained on this recruitment campaign, hence applications via other sources will not be considered