Payroll Specialist - Part Time
28 hours a week Payroll position - based Stanmore
Your new company
A UK wide well established charity are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join them on a permanent part time basis
Your new role
- Distribution of monthly pay analysis and resolve any queries from the managers
- Reliably and promptly process monthly payroll(s) and pensions - end to end process - ensuring internal control processes are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other teams especially the HR, Business Support and the Finance team.
- Prepare periodic payroll reports (statutory and non-statutory) as well as other ad hoc reports to support decision making and authorisation processes. Also ensure RTI files are submitted promptly and the payroll costing files are reconciled for uploading onto the finance system.
- Prepare all third parties' payments including accurate and timely remittances to pension administrators, HMRC, trade unions, child care voucher provider etc. Ensure completeness of records and maintain monthly ledgers reconciling amounts due to amounts remitted.
- Take lead on year-end payroll reporting including preparing evidence for external auditors, annual returns for Teachers Pensions, 3-yearly auto-enrolment declarations, P11Ds, P60s, SMP, SPP, and any other forms or returns required by HMRC.
- Liaise with HMRC, Pension Regulator, pension administrators and other third parties.
- Seek process and system enhancements, contributing to internal audit processes and the implementation of audit recommendations. Also, ensure there is a clear workflow and process notes for day to day payroll and pension processes.
10. Provide end to end payroll process training to Payroll Assistant.
What you'll need to succeed
A solid and demonstrable background in Payroll
What you'll get in return
21 days holiday plus a further 5-7 days outside of bank holidays
28 hours worked flexibly across 4 or 5 days ( school hours fine)
2 days in the office and the rest from home
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.