Head of Brand Advocacy GB, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value
Reserve GB Context:
Diageo Reserve is a high-growth business that focuses on unlocking the enormous potential of premium plus and luxury spirits. The ambition for Reserve portfolio is to become a £125m business by F23 and a £250m business by F26 in revenue. With an industry-leading portfolio that includes Ciroc vodka, Johnnie Walker SDLX, Tanqueray TEN, Ketel One, Zacapa, Talisker, Singleton and Lagavulin we are beating the competition but still under indexing share of the premium spirits market in GB, so the opportunities for growth are enormous.
The Reserve team are focused on building brand momentum and engaging consumers, by working in partnership with the very best trend leading customers across all channels.
This role is a key leadership role, reporting to the Head of Reserve GB, and is responsible for a team of 12 people, based in London and Scotland, comprised of Brand Ambassadors. This is a commercial position aimed at building the Reserve Luxury Portfolio knowledge, awareness and adoration across the total business and key customer across all channels, driving and inspiring customer loyalty and demand, which will in turn transform into consumer demand.
There is a need to improve the Distribution and especially the Rate of Sale of our Reserve Luxury Portfolio, and the Ambassadors will be pivotal in not only ensuring our 1% accounts are serviced to a level where visibility, in-outlet rotation activities, account promotions, perfect serves/rituals, recommendation, events and competitions drive a constant turnover of our brands, but that they are all to the luxury Reserve Luxury Portfolio standard.
2 Key Areas Of Accountabilities:
Lead the team of 12 BA’s
- Lead the team of 12 Brand Ambassadors to deliver against their targets
- Develop and coach your direct reports to maximise their potential as individuals and as a team
- Create structured monthly meetings with quarterly reporting to key Sales and Marketing stakeholders
- Demonstrates deep personal accountability for great performance, delighting the team members and beating the competition
- Demonstrate high level self-organisation and good time management. Ability to meet multiple objectives and deadlines
- Together with the relevant teams, turns the Reserve Luxury Portfolio PR strategies and executional best practice into appropriate in-market actions
- Work with our brand teams to input in growth drivers and activities design and execution.
- Inspire consumers, customers and trade to advocate Reserve brands
Lead the Word Class Advocacy Programme
- You will play a crucial role in evolving the advocacy and World Class programmes
- You will be responsible for the GB WC programme budget, and will manages all the agencies ensuring high standards of execution at all times
- Prospect and build strong relationships with Gurus/Influencers in your market, while maintaining and nurturing current relationships
- Be the central reference point for the bartending community, creating a bartender network and championing Reserve Brand and World Class fraternities
Top 2 Leadership Capabilities for this role:
Win through Execution
- Deliver stand-out brand activations, agreed according to Diageo and customer priorities
- Build the distribution of Diageo’s mass luxury portfolio
- Seed Diageo’s beer portfolio (Hop House, Guinness, Open Gate Brewery innovation) so that it creates a halo in the wider GB on trade
- Use your experience of the on trade to direct your customer A&P budget towards the highest ROI opportunities
- Know your own role in beating the competition, be restless in growing your understanding of the premium spirits market and use that to drive performance
Shape the Future
- Develop the strategy by customer and brand to “chart the course” towards the goal of £12m NSV
- Constantly scan the on trade environment for the emergence of new and premium groups that we should be working with
- Identify ways to secure resources and make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
- Display commercial acumen. You will be a key enabler of growth within GB and will be expected to harness your commercial insight to create new opportunities.
- Restless in finding solutions to deliver greater value growth for the Reserve portfolio and for your customers
- Idea generation, solution focused, drive new opportunities, anticipate trends and think in the future
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- 5-10 years significant on trade experience
- Prior experience of leading teams towards achieving targets
- Creative and inspiring approach to be able to delight customer and customers
- Commercial mindset essential
- Analytical, systems aptitude and advanced Excel skills
- An existing network within the GB on trade preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent relationship building and influencing skills across functions
Barriers to success in role
- Unable to lead and develop a diverse team of commercial account managers
- Unable to distil brand objectives into actionable activation plans within resources available
- Inability to build trusting relationships across a broad range of stakeholders, demonstrate flexible style
- Inability to prioritise and manage own deliverables
- Unable to challenge status quo and influence others
- Poor commercial insight or understanding of the trade,
- Inability to deal with ambiguity and a fast changing environment
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything