Senior Brand Manager Johnnie Walker, Open to flexible working
Global Travel (GT) is one of the most dynamic markets in which Diageo operates with over 1.9B consumers traveling internationally per year from every corner of the Earth. We are a diverse, entrepreneurial, and agile business which has recently redefined our ambition and strategy to ensure we emerge stronger from the pandemic to lead Spirits to become the most multifaceted and fastest growing category in the sector.
With our market HQ in London we operate across 19 different countries and have over 29 different nationalities amongst our team. Our outstanding channels include ‘duty free’ sales in travel retail through airport shops, border shops, on-board airplanes, cruises and international ferries.
Our marketers play a central role within our business shaping key consumer and shopper insights and turning them into market share winning MBP’s to fuel our businesses growth. They combine creative flair with strategic consumer insight, commercial acumen and strong project management skills to deliver brand plans and growth drivers that impact consumers across the World.
We are on a mission to double the size of the Spirits Category in GTR (vs. pre-pandemic levels), double our luxury business (becoming the biggest in Diageo Globally), transform our Digital and E-Commerce capability and be the leading Diageo channel for retail activations. If you want to grow yourself in this outstanding international environment and help shape a high growth business read on…
You will be responsible for leading the brand management of Johnnie Walker across Global Travel. You will bring a “GM attitude” to expertly handle these brands (and more) in a dynamic, fast paced and truly Global (1.9B consumers) environment. The successful candidate will;
- Fully deliver the AOP on your brands – leading the monthly performance management of each brand within your portfolio.
- Be the lead for each of your brands through MBP in conjunction with the GBT’s to ensure we deliver exceptional plans and assets to enable us to beat the competition (win share)
- Adapt global strategies and growth drivers to maximise impact in Global Travel, creating additional tools and assets where necessary.
- Partner with the Internal commercial, finance, supply and legal teams to expertly ensure our plans are implemented on time in full with impact at the point of purchase.
- Influence and engage Global Brand Teams and Regional Innovation teams to ensure Global Travel is included in their annual planning to enable us to deliver outstanding execution
- Deliver breakthrough marketing across all key consumer touch points (retail, digital, gifting)
- Applies powerful insights (Customer, Shopper, Consumer) to create competitive advantage
- Develops strategies and plans that beat the competition
- Inspires and engages others to deliver breakthroughs and brilliant execution
- Creative problem solving, finding solutions to problems to ensure we achieve our goals
- Utilises analysis to create winning consumer connection strategies (Digital, Social and Traditional)
Win through execution - Lead bold execution in a fast moving world;
- Act like an owner of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards.
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
Inspire through purpose
- Inspire teams to take entrepreneurial risks by building trust and respect through open and honest relationships
Shape the Future
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of marketing experience and great examples of game changing delivery in roles shopper marketing, consumer marketing, innovation and/or reserve.
They will be commercially astute and bring a “GM attitude” to driving the total performance of their part of our business.
Evidence of using insights to create winning strategies and an ability to demonstrate good creative judgement is a strongly sought after.
Evidence of working comfortably in a highly ambiguous environment at pace, balancing multiple project is a major plus.
Those highly skilled in fostering great effective relationships both internally and externally, in person and remotely will thrive in this role.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.