Senior Sales Manager - National Accounts (GB), Open to flexible working
As the GB business continues to grow we are always looking for top talent to join our Sales, Strategy & wider Commercial teams. If you have an interest in Diageo as a future employer we would love to hear from you & stay in touch as new roles open. The Talent team & business leaders are always interested in meeting new talent so please log your interest with us!
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
- Demonstrating excellent commercial acumen to manage the external relationships and orchestrate the internal business in support of the delivery of the Diageo AOP and our customer agreements
- Appling a creative mind-set to challenge current WOW, setting new strategies that will deliver the best possible outcomes for Diageo, our Customers and Consumers
- Becoming an expert within the relevant channel; knowing what drives our customers behaviour and how we unlock opportunities to deliver joint value
- Demonstrating strong networking & relationship-building with our customers, MFST, field teams and internal stakeholders, to ensure that our execution ambition is fulfilled (being able to inspire and hold tension when needed)
- Developing talent & making a difference to the careers of future leaders
- Leading large scale and complex contractual customer negotiations (understanding of how negotiations are structured and joint business plan are developed)
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.