Regional Head of Real Estate and Asset Management, EMEA, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by pro-actively managing and optimising a diverse multi-asset portfolio of land and buildings, and leveraging serviced/co-working workspaces to drive higher employee productivity and wellbeing? If so, this Regional Head of Real Estate and Asset Management, EMEA role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization in EMEA has accountability for approximately 30 million square feet of space, serving circa 50,000 GSK and support staff daily. GSK Facilities includes Pharmaceutical, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare Research & Development laboratories and manufacturing/logistics facilities, pilot plants, and Corporate and Commercial office accommodation.
Regional Head of Real Estate and Asset Management, EMEA has a key responsibility in assisting the VP Worldwide Real Estate in executing GSK’s global real estate strategy
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Taking commercial accountability for a significant proportion of the short, medium and long term financial performance of the real estate asset classes that comprise the EMEA portfolio, as well as specific SME responsibility for one or more specific property asset classes (R&D, Manufacturing & Distribution, Corporate Offices, Data Centres or Vacant Property)
- Working with real estate experts and advisors across the Region to develop highly creative and innovative real estate solutions that fully leverage GSK’s property assets, driving higher returns, creating added value, lowering GSK’s cost base, and creating vibrant new workplaces that drive higher employee productivity and user experience.
- Formulating the Regional Real Estate strategy
- Preparing submissions for Executive approval of real estate transactions to support the Group’s overall business plans.
- Working with third party advisors and peers in Finance to support the preparation of regular reviews of the Regional property portfolios
- Supporting the development of GSK’s culture through the ongoing development of physical workspace environments such that it ensures GSK maintains its position as a Modern Employer of choice.
- Supporting the development and delivery of significant projects to optimise business performance and ensure the optimum utilisation of facilities ensuring cost efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability
Breadth and scope of accountability
Accountable for the financial performance for approximately half of GSK’s global portfolio of property assets
- Work in partnership with outsourced real estate specialists to closely monitor pertinent performance metrics that will lead to the optimization of the real estate portfolio and create a competitive advantage for GSK
- Provide strategic planning advice and support through a small team of highly skilled external consultants.
- Working at Director/VP level to ensure that the provision of real estate advice meets business needs.
- Advance the principles of efficient utilisation of real estate and workspace worldwide by developing relationships and “constructive disruptions” with peers in Finance, Legal, Treasury, Tech, Procurement, and HR.
- Substantial and in-depth Real Estate expertise operating at a senior level ideally gained in a highly regulated R&D or manufacturing environment
- Strong subject matter expertise in a Real Estate Asset Class
- A proven track record of managing Real Estate assets across multiple geographies
- Proven capabilities and knowledge of real estate, property development and the built environment
- Ability to work with and to influence senior levels of management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipating the impact of external environmental changes on Real Estate and to translate the impact into operational plans that proactively respond to and manage the changes to the benefit of the organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence external and internal parties
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal partners and external bodies
- Good judgement based on proven analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Proven leadership capability to inspire and generate a sense of team spirit
Job related skills and background
- Highly organised and able to plan, prioritise and manage multiple activities effectively
- Ability to identify, evaluate, resolve and manage outcomes of project risks (through project specialists and/or stakeholders)
- Ability to lead change
- Demonstrable influencer of senior stakeholders without the benefit of authority or budgetary responsibilities
- Recognition of other cultures, points of view and stakeholders’ needs
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability not only to identify challenges but to create solutions and options
- Works independently with minimum touch points
- Strong powers of delegation and empowerment
- Decisive leadership of multi-disciplinary, cross-border teams, drawn from external and internal resources.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Skilled at simplifying complex and specialist information
- A service-orientated, customer driven mind-set striving for improvement and satisfied customers within the context of GSK’s priorities
- Proven ability to build strong relationships inside and outside GSK
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.