Global Professional and Legal Service Procurement, Open to flexible working
Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
The role : Procurement Manager – Professional and Legal Services (UK)
As the Procurement Manager for Professional and Legal Services, you will represent GSK and act as the interface between Strategic Consultants and our business to ensure the scope and commercial model fits the profile of the business needs and overall GSK strategic direction. You will work closely with Regional and Local Procurement partners to understand drive the category strategy and direction and to identify opportunities to drive further efficiencies. You will also aim to drive sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships, aligned with our Global Diversity and Inclusion aspirations.
You will develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective global supply markets, competitors and product innovations and provide assistance to company’s acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence and integration activities for the spend categories.
This role represents a great opportunity to build strong relationships with a variety of diverse and senior stakeholders. You will need to build and maintain relationships to understand the company’s overall objectives and then advise on the most suitable approach. This may include ambitious cost savings, managing risk and/or ensuring that the right suppliers are selected and/or if a third party is required or whether there are alternative solutions such as in-house or outsourcing approaches.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Be the global procurement Business Partner and align with Senior Global Stakeholders and BU Chief of Staff to determine the pipeline and global book of work across Professional and Legal Services sub-categories.
- Manage the end to end process to challenge sourcing approach and scope of the business requirements. Challenge and drive continuous improvements with in-house Vs third party Vs outsourcing approach.
- Manage PLS strategies and collaborate where there are synergies with other global procurement categories such as Staffing and Recruiting – with the use of CWs.
- Execute global sourcing strategies across multiple spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global mindset and ensuring all applicable LOC or regional dimensions are accommodated
- Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and build an education & communication process for regional Procurement leads and business units.
- Be global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
- Challenge WoW and governance to improve early adoption and visibility. Right size strategic initiatives with the right commercial models: should cost Vs fixed price Vs output based commercial frameworks.
- Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Spend Management Framework approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process and in line with the Consulting Approval Form (CAF) where relevant.
- Create and deliver effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework.
External supplier relationships
- Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize global opportunities. Ensure global views on supplier negotiations are taken.
- Manage global supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
- Mange relations between senior GSK stakeholders and strategic firms and law firms.
Basic qualifications & Skills :
- Qualified to Degree level, ideally within Procurement and Supply Chain, and/or further academic qualifications, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS
- Experience in a large, complex organisation and ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Category experience within Professional Service, Insurance, MA&D, Consulting, FBS or legal.
- Ability to articulate the business case for Supplier Diversity and translate it into action in discrete situations
- Understanding of Procure-to-Pay and Spend Analysis systems; ability to dive into data and co-create, understand, and trouble-shoot reporting requirements
- Procurement experience including the ability to support multiple categories
- Track record of working with senior stakeholders and the ability to influence, this includes the ability to build strong relationships and to influence without express authority
- Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
- Able to demonstrate significant cost savings
- Ability to articulate the value that procurement can bring to an organisation
- Excellent leadership capability to manage people and processes
- Innovative thinking to drive changes and process improvements
- Matrix management and global management skills
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent business acumen, analytical, and financial skills
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.