Adecco Chester are proud to be recruiting on behalf of Cheshire Constabulary for a Assistant Accountant to join their Shared Service Centre until at least Spring 2022.
Positions are available on a part time or full time basis.
Reporting to the Compliance & Controls Manager, you will be responsible for Maintaining cashbooks, ensuring that all bank transactions are recorded and correctly assigned to the relevant ledger to enable daily reconciliation to the Police Authority Bank Accounts.
- Undertake the daily reconciliation of bank accounts to ensure correct matching of payments and receipts in the accounts
- Reconciliation of control accounts, bank accounts and balance sheet accounts, ensuring the timely investigation and resolution of variances
- Participate in the efficient and timely running of period end processes and month end reporting to the Finance Teams, ensuring escalation of exceptional items
- Administer the government procurement card system, liaising with cardholders, banks, partners, and external suppliers to ensure the smooth operation of the process and accurate accounting records
- Recovery of outstanding debt in accordance with agreed procedures
- Create and maintain supplier and customer accounts, ensuring all suppliers are correctly categorised, to promote the use of contracted suppliers
Post holders must have a significant understanding of processes and manual calculations / corrections.
Position is on-going until at least Spring 2022. Working hours are standard office hours, and positions are available on a part time or full basis.
Please note: This team is working on an agile basis, so home working is available.
Based in the Force HQ building in Winsford, you will have access to all on-site facilities, including free parking, canteen and sports facilities as well as Employee Support Programmes.
**Offer is subject to passing a thorough Police Vetting background check**
Why work with Adecco?
- Perks at work discounts across a variety of retailers
- Eye care vouchers and money off
- Support and well-being programmes with a 24/7 helpline
Both Cheshire Constabulary and Adecco are disability confident employers.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.