Financial Controller, part time, 1-2 days/week, flexible working
MWS owns the market leading delivery technology which is transforming the way that vocational learning is delivered across the UK.
Due to strong growth we are now recruiting a part-time Financial Controller. This role can be very flexible for the right individual, both in terms of location (which can be partly home based) and hours: our estimated average is 8-16 hours per week, potentially spread across multiple days and varying by time of year. We offer a competitive salary, pension and benefits.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the financial department of MWS. Your role will include:
- Supervising the work of the bookkeeper, including:
- Regular tax submissions (CT, PAYE, VAT), compliance and liaison with HMRC
- Entries into our accounting system
- Issuing of invoices
- Day to day financial controls over a rapidly growing company, particularly payroll, banking and credit control.
- Ownership of month end processes for review by the CFO
- Generating meaningful analysis reports of historic financials (MI) to the Senior Management Team
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting
- Liaising with external accountants for production of stat accounts / audit
- Suggesting continuous improvement for our underlying systems
- Corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Experience working in accounts, and have worked in a Senior Accountant or Financial Controller position before
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to communicate well with non-finance staff
- Confident in use of technology, especially accounting platforms and SaaS
- Qualified accountant
- Ability to deal with uncertainty / rapidly changing environment
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience of Xero
- Experience of managing junior staff
- Knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Intellectual with a strong commercial acumen
How to Apply
Please apply with CV and cover letter. We will then ask you to complete a short psychometric test with our partners Procircle (you will need to setup a profile using https://www.procircle.co/signup).
No recruiters, please.
Apply for Financial Controller, part time, 1-2 days/week, flexible working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly