Assistant Manager, Private Analytics and Modelling - Part time, flexible working, returners
Assistant Manager, Private Analytics and Modelling, Audit and Assurance, Various locations
This is your chance to join Deloitte's growing Audit & Assurance Analytics & Modelling team.
Our analytics & modelling team work with audit teams and provide assurance to world-renowned private clients, optimising the power of data via analytics and modelling techniques. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects with a range of clients, delivering solutions to complex problems and driving insights using data that is often finance focussed. No two days are the same - you will constantly learn and develop your technical, professional and commercial skills. You will be part of a diverse team that brings together individuals and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds and where people are recognised for their contribution.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance Analytics & Modelling Private Team you will have responsibility for:
- Providing data analytics and modelling services and providing meaningful insights to audit teams and our clients, using software such as SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, VBA, and Python on data from financial and other systems;
- Working with Deloitte audit teams to identify risks and design analytics to address these and integrate analytics and modelling offerings more deeply into the external audit approach;
- Assessing the structural soundness of models built by clients in a variety of software packages and building models for our own internal use or for use by Deloitte audit teams;
- Presenting outputs and resolving queries and challenges using non-technical language, both verbally and in written reports;
- Performing a self-review before submitting your work for review, owning the quality of your work and taking pride in what you do;
- Working on a portfolio of audits and assurance projects - often working on a number at the same time – managing stakeholders and the wider team to ensure timely delivery of quality work and reporting to the engagement manager;
- Developing and contributing to analytics and modelling business development and go-to-market opportunities and activities;
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our client organisations and the audit business;
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Various UK locations – Birmingham / Bristol / Cambridge / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Leeds / London / Manchester / Reading - with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Technical experience with one or more of the following tools: SQL, VBA, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, or Python;
- Ability to receive a number of structured and unstructured datasets and take them through the stages of cleansing, unification, analysis, output (visualisation) and then result interpretation;
- Ability to listen to a client requirement, distil it down to the key issues and design an effective solution that addresses the client’s needs;
- Proactive with a desire to continue to learn and develop both quantitative and qualitative skills;
- Practical experience of working in or with an analytics or modelling team;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines effectively;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the capability to deal with multiple stakeholders who are both technical and non-technical;
- An eye for detail, and a structured and thorough approach to delivering high quality output while also being able to take a step back and communicate the impact effectively with stakeholders;
- Ability to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships and work in a diverse team effectively; and
- Strong business acumen combined with a good understanding of finance and accounting.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application