Manager, Analytics and Modelling, Financial Services - Flexible working, homeworking, returners
Manager, Analytics and Modelling, Financial Services, Audit and Assurance
You will partner with world-renowned clients, helping them to optimize the power of their data and models to solve their most complex business challenges. You will be part of a market-leading team, bringing together people and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds. You will work on cutting edge projects where no two days are the same, accelerating your learning and allowing you to progress more quickly.
Deloitte's Financial Services Audit and Assurance Group provides a range of high value services to some of the largest Financial Services businesses in the UK and as part of global teams. Our group offers a unique career opportunity to work across a range of clients and services in a supporting, challenging, dynamic and fast-growth environment.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking to expand our team by the hiring of focused, aspirational and collaborative practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as a Manager to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growth environment.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivery across a range of analytics and modelling offerings within financial services. You will understand our clients' industry and be able to anticipate complex business problems and the issues they face, recommending appropriate action.
- Ownership of a portfolio of Audit and Assurance clients, reporting to the analytics and modelling team leadership;
- Project management of engagements; managing team members, ownership of deliverables and timelines, leading client interaction and stakeholder management;
- Managing teams within the wider analytics and modelling group, including developing the skills and confidence of junior staff and acting as a role model to inspire and mentor junior resources, and attract new talent to the team;
- Providing analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, Python, Tableau, SAS, Power BI, Alteryx, R and VBA to deliver meaningful insights to our clients and help them to understand the risks and key drivers for their business;
- Working with our clients to provide analytics and modelling assurance services including model testing, challenger model development, model risk governance framework design, data analysis and quality reviews, report generation and visualization;
- Working with audit teams to integrate analytics more deeply into the external audit approach, and with our clients to embed analytics into their business and culture;
- Development and delivery of new and innovative analytics tools to support evolving audit and regulatory requirements within the changing financial services environment;
- Contributing to the team’s and Deloitte’s thought leadership and strategy in Audit & Assurance analytics and volunteering to promote certain initiatives;
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our client organisations;
Your work your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel and an option of working from home when appropriate
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity
Your professional experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science or engineering;
- Significant experience of working in an analytics or modelling team in the financial services industry either within a professional services or FTSE 350 firm
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, with experience of managing and delivering concurrent projects;
- An eye for detail, and a structured and thorough approach to delivering high quality output, including experience of code, output and documentation review;
- Advanced technical experience with programming languages such as Python, SQL, VBA, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, R, SAS;
- Ability to build and develop strong client relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Holding or working towards a professional qualification (e.g. CQF, FRM, CFA, ACCA, ACA, CISA);
- Sound knowledge of one or more asset classes within investment, corporate, commercial or retail banking;
- Experience of managing teams and developing junior staff;
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends;
- Experience in the use of MS Azure, AWS or other cloud platforms;
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application