Global Payer Strategy Director, Open to flexible working
GSK S&PC is taking the first steps toward the evolution of the market access and payer team as we evolve to the newly formed Global Payer Strategy team otherwise known as, team GPS. In doing this, our GPS team will evolve to an industry leader in delivering winning payer strategies and bring innovative solutions so payers fully recognize the value of our assets.
Our vision is to become Industry Leading Strategic Value Driver, externally engage payers to fully recognize the value of our assets, internally act as strategic leader to increase portfolio lifecycle value by delivering innovative solutions.
The Director, Global Payer Strategy will maximize asset life cycle value through effective and innovative payer and access strategy and solutions, while being responsible for patient access and corporate reputation.
Please note that for the Director of Global Payer Strategy we have multiple vacancies across varied therapeutic areas, if you have a specific disease area or product preference please feel free to let us know.
We are open to considering locations across the globe for this role, if you are keen to work in a dynamic and global team from a remote location or from one of our global hubs please make us aware during the application phase of the process.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Accountable for increasing asset value to payers, by achieving and continuously optimizing pricing & reimbursement, strengthening payer evidences, improving payer decision-making rules, creating value for payers beyond the pill and other innovative solutions
- Lead the asset PAS (Payer & Access Strategy) team, champion payer mindset, drive cross-functional, cross global-region-country integrated payer and access strategy, plan and execution
- Member of asset MCT (Medicine Commercial Team), partner with MCL and MCT to ensure commercial strategy adequately account for payer needs, fully leverage payer and access opportunities and mitigate risks
- Generate payer and access insights through payer research, global payer panel and other direct payer engagement, gain deep understanding of payer needs and pain points
- Lead in-depth discussions about asset payer & access strategy and solutions with GPS global payer panel comprising of global payer experts, execute on actions & key insights derived from global panel discussions
- Develop integrated MAP (Market Access Plan), with synergistic application of key levers (e.g. pricing, evidences, policies, payer engagement etc.), drive solutions and execution with partner functions, with key global markets and regions
- Innovate PVP (Payer Value Proposition) by driving both product-level and customer-level differential and transformational value to payers. Build winning payer value communication and payer engagement strategy
- Partner with VEO (Value Evidence Outcome) to define high impact payer evidence, develop payer resource kits to regions and countries, and support regions & countries in achieving and maintaining HTA, Pricing, Reimbursement and Access outcomes
- Partner with CGA to identify high impact policy actions, derive strategic implications for responsible asset, identify and co-execute high impact policy actions related to value, pricing and access
- Continue to develop and improve MAP to improve and optimize payer value across asset life cycle
- Provide payer & access related input for brand plan, business review and other internal governance platforms
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Sufficient breadth and depth of Market Access experience, including Specialty Care disease areas, to perform the job responsibilities
- Successful in-country payer engagement and negotiation experience is a must
- Strong experience in strategic market access, including delivering differential Payer Value Proposition, payer engagement, payer value communication and steering payer evidence and/or health policy actions
- Success track record in developing and executing integrated Access plan to increase asset value
- GSK Values and Behaviours, emphasis on Courage, External Focus, Solution Orientation, Learning Agility
- Successful access experience in same disease area / asset class is preferred
- Successful in-country payer engagement and negotiation experience in priority markets (US, China, Japan, Germany) preferred
- Experiences in payer organization preferred
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.