HR Future Leaders Programme, UK, 2022, Open to flexible working
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Programme – Human Resources
Education required: Bachelors degree - Human Resources, Business or Psychology degree highly desirable.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications.
Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
Assessment Centre date: Late November/Early December
* Please apply only for one Future Leaders or Graduate Programme role in the UK
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Human Resources
Are you a graduate who relishes the thought of equipping us with the right people and skills to help improve the lives of our patients and consumers? Join us and you’ll have an exciting opportunity to help foster our values-led, high-performance culture. As part of our HR team, you’ll recognise creativity, collaboration and responsibility – and offer our people rewarding careers with great development and excellent benefits.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll equip you with the experience to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over two years, our Future Leaders Programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three rotations to grow your expertise in generalist HR, talent, leadership development, reward, organisational design and other HR areas. Your rotations will be purposely structured to give you a breadth of HR experience and prepare you for your future HR role. Your rotations will be stretching, but we’ll support you every step of the way with formal and informal learning, as well as coaching.
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs. After you complete the Future Leaders Programme, we’ll work with you to secure the right role for you, which might be an HR Business Partner in the generalist community or a role within other areas of HR. We’ll also support you with an ‘alumni development framework’ as you move into your new role – and with a strong HR network.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- honing your skills in every aspect of HR on a tailored development programme
- collaborating with colleagues and customers around the world
- managing projects and effectively prioritising tasks
- researching and analysing information and reporting your findings
- finding creative solutions to new challenges
- developing new skills and knowledge wherever you find the opportunity
- taking full advantage of the rich variety of leadership training we offer
- building your network across HR and our entire company
- participating in HR Future Leaders Programme initiatives, like our corporate social responsibility and senior leader ‘Let’s Talk’ initiative
- to be interested in people and their development
- ambition and a high learning agility
- a digital and analytical mindset
- the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence others
- to be a self-aware team player who actively collaborates with others
- a self-motivated/proactive approach and an ability to adapt to change
- to be a clear and effective communicator
Our Future Leaders Programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A salary of £30,600
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.