Housing Support Worker
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
As Housing Support Worker you will be responsible for taking a lead role, which promotes client choice and control and ensures clients learn new skills, make positive life choices and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide pro-active service and advice to service users who have experienced trafficking to keep them safe
* To mitigate suffering from the aftereffects of the trauma caused by trafficking, sexual abuse, rape and/or domestic slavery
* Develop individual support plan to meet individual risks the client faces
* Understanding the role of all relevant statutory and non-statutory services available to trafficked service users and how your role fits into them
* Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to service users including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance
* Manage a case load ensuring each Service User receives services appropriate to their individual needs. Contacting Service Users at regular intervals to ensure wellbeing and safety
* Support the empowerment of the Service User and assist them in recognising the features and dynamics of sexual violence present in their situation and help them regain control of their lives
* Refer on and arrange meetings with other agencies/services as necessary, for instance, solicitors, police, social services, counselling, benefit agency
* To establish and maintain effective liaison with other agencies, including, the children Centres, GP's, health visitors and other health services, education, Court Witness Service, Social Services and other statutory and voluntary agencies to help ensure service users receive co-ordinated help and support
* Previously experience of supported accommodation and housing management is essential.
* Demonstrate awareness of safe practice when lone working.
* Knowledge and experience of providing a co-ordinated service with statutory and voluntary services available for the client group
* Ability to support Service Users effectively in crisis.
* Demonstrate an ability to provide information about rights, offer impartial advice and effectively advocate on behalf of clients.
This is a part time role:
20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, hours and days flexible
(School hours available).
Reference ID: JT13425
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week