Investigations Manager EMEA, Open to flexibility
Investigations Manager EMEA, Open to flexibility
As a member of the Centre of Excellence for Investigations, the Investigations Manager will have primary responsibility all aspects of investigation activity, including:
- Ensuring all investigations are triaged through the Corporate Investigations Team (CIT), the relevant Compliance Officer (CO) and where appropriate the relevant GSK Legal attorney
- Development and continuous improvement of the detailed strategy and methodology for investigations
- Ensuring the investigations strategy and methodology aligns to existing investigations policies and procedures
- Assisting with the development of trend analyses and KPIs for investigations for escalation to the CIT, Investigations Governance Board and ABAC Oversight Committee. Trends and KPIs will be agreed with the stakeholders within these governance bodies.
- Working with other functions within the Centre of Excellence for Investigations, including Legal, to respond to requests for information from enforcement authorities such as the SEC, DOJ and SFO.
- Responding to audit identified red flags which require additional review and analysis beyond the scope of the audit work.
- Ensure investigations are conducted in accordance with all relevant GSK policies, including but not limited to the SOP for the conduct of internal investigations, investigations best practice guidance and the fraud prevention and response procedure.
- Under the direction of their Line Manager, develop and maintain detailed investigations strategy and methodology, including protocols on when to involve internal and external counsel.
- Work closely with Compliance Officers and Legal to ensure investigations methodology is aligned to Compliance and legal ways of working.
- Work closely with internal and external counsel when conducting legally privileged investigations.
- Develop and track KPIs for investigations, in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of trend analyses to submit on a monthly basis to the ABAC Oversight Committee and Investigations Governance Board.
- Drive innovation in investigations systems and methodologies.
- Drive continuous improvement in investigations.
- Demonstrate adherence to investigations methodology.
- Develop systems and processes to efficiently and effectively share and escalate learning's from investigations.
- Ensure timely response to issues requiring investigation.
- Manage external forensic, accounting, legal professionals, as necessary to support specific investigations.
- Assist with the development of analytical tools to assist with investigations.
- Feed trend analyses into the A&A annual risk assessments
- Ensure appropriate retention of documentation relating to investigations.
- Assist with the benchmarking of investigations processes on an on-going basis.
- Support budget management and tracking.
- Ability to challenge senior management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Working knowledge and understanding of international anti-bribery legislation including the UK Bribery Act, FCPA and OECD anti-bribery convention.
- Knowledge / understanding of financial and commercial healthcare laws and regulations.
- Knowledge / understanding of the requirements, approach and perspectives of regulatory and enforcement bodies.
- Knowledge of the external environment and latest trends in enforcement of anti-bribery laws.
- Ability to assess/analyse complex business information and develop appropriate conclusions and make recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent managerial skills - including planning, organising, managing people and controlling projects
- Proficient in English
- Significant experience in conducting FCPA investigations (ABAC specialists - it is recognised that non ABAC specialists will have to demonstrate the ability to develop in these areas)
- Experience in performing investigations or audits under the direction of Legal counsel (ABAC specialists - it is recognised that non ABAC specialists will have to demonstrate the ability to develop in these areas)
- Fluent in another language
Application end date 18th April 2018
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and deeded healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.