Global I&D Manager, Open to flexibility
Global I&D Manager, Open to flexibility
We have an opportunity to someone to join the Global Inclusion and Diversity Team on a secondment / contract until December 2019.
The GSK Global Inclusion and Diversity Strategy provides vision, alignment and critical areas of focus. Its aim is to seek, value and draw upon the differing knowledge, perspectives, experiences and styles in our global community. Both strategic and tactical implementation depends on global, geographic and business needs.
Ensuring inclusion and diversity at all these different levels enriches the delivery of the following GSK strategies:
- Building Trust: Reinforcing and valuing "Our People" as a responsible employer
- Talent Management: Ensuring GSK has a diverse pool of talent at all levels and sustainable leader succession
- Individual Empowerment: Creating an empowered GSK workforce by valuing and empowering every single individual within the organisation.
This role sits within the TL&OD Centre of Excellence and as a CofE we provide deep expertise to ensure employees can perform at their best. We need an I&D professional with a focus on I&D capability building and reputation to come and join the team to support the overall I&D strategy and to work with the Head of Global Inclusion & Diversity to provide global insight, awareness, capability building, governance and risk management of I&D. It will partner and work closely with HR colleagues, senior leaders and ERG groups across the enterprise to drive action and outputs and ensure I&D is recognised as a key strategic lever for break though thinking and high performing teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the Global I&D Capability framework and associated Global I&D Enterprise interventions to build I&D capability and awareness.
- Working across HR to support any I&D capability building and community of practice initiatives.
- Developing communications, tools and guidance to share with the in-country HR/I&D leads to drive a consistent standards, brand and guidance for Inclusion and Diversity within GSK.
- Supporting the Global Head of I&D on several core I&D projects to support cultural change at GSK.
- Identifying appropriate communications and engagement opportunities to build GSK's I&D reputation internally and externally and develops supporting materials and communications.
- Monitoring the ROI of sponsorships, membership of organisations and I&D Initiatives.
- Driving the Global I&D Award strategy.
- Analysing data to identify business I&D opportunities
The closing date for this role will be the 17th April 2018.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Clear passion and understanding of I&D
- Experience in employee relations
- Demonstrated competence in leading change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership of and strong expertise in project management
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop strategic plans and successfully execute on those plans
- Proven track record of building strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with external organizations
- Proven ability to effectively use interpersonal skills and influencing techniques to gain acceptance of ideas/plans with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and make recommendations for solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage metrics to demonstrate bottom line results (ROI) and build a strong case for action for diversity recruiting investments
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and proactive thinking to minimize potential complex issues
- Must operate effectively across a dynamic, complex matrix, with strategic partners
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in Inclusion and Diversity, capability building, change and engagement.
- Experience in managing multiple I&D projects across a matrix environment
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and deeded healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.