Forensic Analytics Assistant Director, Financial Advisory - Flexible working, homeworking
Forensic Analytics Assistant Director, Financial Advisory, London
Deloitte's Forensic Analytics team help clients leverage the data in their technology platforms to accelerate the conduct of investigations, resolve legal disputes & regulatory issues and prevent economic crime.
Our specialists deliver a wide range of technology, analytics and data science solutions to detect, investigate, resolve and prevent accounting, fraud and misconduct issues.
You will work with our clients and subject matter experts to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
You will manage and lead teams to deliver these solutions for our clients by leveraging technology and data analytics.
You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people. You will use your knowledge, experience and commercial aptitude to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team and to develop and market new business propositions across multiple industries.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Applying your data and technology expertise to identify new opportunities, develop propositions that address them and build relationships in the market to secure new business.
- Assembling and leading teams to collate data and intelligence, deploy technology solutions, perform data analyses, conduct investigations and prepare written reports and visualisations to present your findings.
- Engaging with clients, their advisors and regulators to deliver analysis that resolves contentious issues and which will bear the utmost scrutiny.
- Developing a network of internal and external contacts in order to identify new business opportunities.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is based in London.
You will be required to undertake national and international travel for specific client projects.
Work pattern: This is a full time permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Proven success in a consulting environment or a similar role with demonstrable ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, communicate insight effectively and deliver work in unfamiliar or unprecedented contexts.
- Able to demonstrate an independent, pro-active and confident approach to managing project-based work.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You are comfortable and adept at navigating competing priorities, resolving ambiguity and managing demanding expectations under pressure.
- Commercial focus and outlook. You understand business problems and opportunities and you prioritise and evaluate your work accordingly.
- Experienced leader of teams. You take responsibility for your teams' work and invest time in developing their capabilities.
- You are able to communicate complex information and opinions clearly, to technical and senior professional audiences, in both written and verbal contexts.
- Exceptional and proven technical ability in multiple technologies and programming languages. This is not a “hands on” analytics role but you will use your technical aptitude to guide teams through challenges, assure the quality of their work and roll up your sleeves in a crisis.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application