Manager, Financial Crime – Infrastructure and Ops - Flexible working, homeworking, returners
Manager, Financial Crime – Infrastructure and Ops, Forensic, Financial Advisory, London
Combating Financial Crime - it's just another day at the office for our Anti-Financial Crime experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic team, dedicated to providing services to protect, monitor and respond against the threats of financial crime. We also help our clients harness technology to pro-actively identify and address related challenges in a variety of industries.
Our Forensic group includes forensic accountants, law enforcement specialists, technology specialists and business intelligence experts. This range of skillsets enables us to bring great insight, value and problem-solving abilities to our clients' issues.
Your role will form part of the financial crime team within Forensic, focusing on engagements related to anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, bribery and corruption, and conduct matters.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Growth in financial crime
Reducing financial crime is a key priority for regulators, authorities and governments globally. Organised crime groups, money launderers, terrorists and fraudsters are increasingly using sophisticated international networks and financial systems to move or store funds and assets or commit fraud. Financial institutions are particularly vulnerable due to the nature of their businesses and the volume of transactions and client relationships they manage. Global financial institutions also face multiple legal and regulatory requirements in the UK, US and other countries where they do business.
In recent years, we have witnessed an increased willingness of regulators to pursue individual firms and impose tougher penalties for breaches of regulations, involving fines in the millions. In the UK, the Financial Conduct Authority's agenda suggests a continued focus on systems and controls issues through further thematic review work, attestations and enforcement activity to reinforce credible deterrence and promote standards across the industry.
The growth in demand for our services in this area provides an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic new member of the team.
For more information about Deloitte Forensic and the financial crime team please see our Financial Crime website
Deloitte has one of the largest forensic practices in the world with over 1400 dedicated practitioners in over 30 countries, providing you with the opportunity to work abroad and experience varying business and cultural environments. Being part of a specialist group of around 250 professionals, but within a large global firm, means you will be part of a close knit culture but with the support and benefits of a large organisation.
You will gain exposure to incredibly exciting projects of a highly sensitive nature, working with clients to adapt and respond to new financial crime threats, to design and implement operating models and process enhancements, to design and implement control enhancements and to support clients responding to financial crime change. The work within the team is varied, ensuring great experience and development opportunities.
We take your development and our people's careers very seriously and foster a nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you will receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. Be part of an environment where hard work and ambition is rewarded.
As a Manager, your responsibilities will vary depending on the focus of your client engagement and your skillset, but could include and/or require the following:
- Working with engagement leaders and client stakeholders and SMEs to identify strategic, operational or tactical solutions to complex issues
- Communicating regulatory requirements to business audiences with ease
- Leading or supporting the delivery of projects and workstreams (depending on scale) on a range of client engagements including:
- mobilising and managing complex regulatory, organisational and transformation programmes
- assessing the adequacy of current systems and controls to manage financial crime risk
- advising on the design and implementation of systems and controls to manage financial crime risk or enhance operational efficiency
- developing and implementing target operating models, organisational design and process enhancements in response to financial crime change
- assessing business models in relation to regulatory and financial crime changes
- Developing new methods and tools to support the high quality and innovative delivery of advice and services to clients
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Mentoring and appraising staff as part of the performance management process
- Building a broad network of client relationships within the financial crime community and wider financial services industry
- Proactively supporting business development initiatives and go-to-market offerings, identifying new opportunities to deliver value to clients
- Supporting client account teams, including the management of relationships and project opportunities
- Contributing to articles and thought leadership pieces on financial crime and broader regulatory matters in order to build eminence in the marketplace
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent, full time. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
At Deloitte, our people are expected to have the professional and personal skills to provide a distinctive client experience during our engagements. We understand that we need different types of people with different skills to provide our clients with the best possible service. So whether you are a delivery specialist, regulatory advisor or technical master you will be able to find something exciting and entertaining.
To qualify, you must possess demonstrable knowledge, a proven ability to deliver with significant experience in financial crime
- Proficient technical knowledge and experience of one of more of the financial crime risk domains (AML, sanctions, fraud, bribery and corruption, anti-tax evasion)
- A sound understanding of one or more segments of the financial services industry (banking through to insurance)
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and strong evidence of designing solutions to problems and the ability to translate design into implementation actions
- Good experience in leading workshops, sessions or meetings with various business or technical stakeholders to define requirements or strategic objectives for financial crime related issues
- Ability to assist sales activity, from identifying opportunities for client engagement, designing responses to market offerings through to supporting oral presentations
- Project management experience, with the ability to understand key risks to successful delivery and how to resolve
- Excellent people management skills and experience in building, developing and leading diverse teams, fostering an environment of learning, inclusion and support
- Deep interest in innovation and a drive to build personal eminence in the industry
- Continual pursuit of broadening the skills of themselves and the team
- Advanced writing skills including design thinking, sentence construction, punctuation, syntax etc.
- Good presentation skills including presentation design and delivery
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Professional qualifications in financial crime e.g. ICA or ACAMS or equivalent desirable, though not essential
- A developing network of relevant contacts within the market
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application