Senior Corporate Tax Advisor - Open to flexible working
Our Global Compliance and Reporting professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting and with the associated tax advisory, strategy and controversy. The Global Compliance and Reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand.
By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies and cutting edge tax technologies they work with a wide range of large and complex multinational companies (predominantly FTSE and significant inbound businesses) to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Due to significant growth following a number of high profile client wins we are looking for an ambitious Corporate Tax Advisor in our London office. The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most exciting clients in the market to help support them as they navigate an ever increasingly complex tax environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide exceptional client service and contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services
- Maintain relationships with clients both existing and new Grow relationships both within the firm and externally with clients
- Grow networks and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Focus on the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Ability to identify areas of risk
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
What we look for
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus,
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.