Senior Advisor, Indirect Tax, Financial Services, Open to flexible working
The Financial Services Indirect tax (VAT) team in London works with a variety of organisations across multiple financial services sectors. The business has been growing steadily year on year and in order to seize the opportunities available in the market, the team requires new talent.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in the Financial Services industry as part of a globally integrated network of specialists with high quality economics, tax authority, legal, commercial and technology backgrounds. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax team in our London office. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the UK. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast-growth part of the Indirect Tax team, working across the UK. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As a tax professional at Ernst & Young, you'll gain the technical knowledge and industry experience you need to help clients manage their tax obligations effectively and enhance their financial performance. In turn, we'll help you achieve your potential by giving your business advisory experience and professional development. Our senior tax professionals will support you throughout your career, helping you to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison
- Support the activities of the wider team
- Key member of one of the client service groups providing full tax services to a client portfolio.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Relevant VAT experience
- Strong Indirect Tax technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- An inclusive team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA), or equivalent experience
- Experience working for a large firm (we will consider candidates from professional services or law firms)
Ideally you'll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
We’re interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network and pursuing a medium to long-term career in Indirect tax.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.