Sr. Manager, Scrum Master, Open to flexibility
Sr. Manager, Scrum Master, Open to flexibility
In an Agile leadership role, you will play the role of a Release Train Engineer role, a Program Delivery Lead, or master/mentor in the agile Scrum and Kanban delivery space. In this role, you will leverage industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
Cross team delivery:
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the program in risk management
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Coaching focused:
- Teach, mentor, and coach teams, Scrum Masters, ARTs and Product on emerging agile, lean, and XP methods
- Acts as a coach to any Agile role or stakeholder
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities and leads in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- At least 7 years of industry experience in Technology Delivery (software or infrastructure)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of agile coaching experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.