Finance Analyst, Open to flexibility
Finance Analyst, Open to flexibility
We are looking for a high calibre individual, who would like to gain a unique enterprise-wide perspective of the GSK group and provide challenge and insight through the presentation of high quality business information and analytics to the level of the Board, Corporate Executive Team (CET), Group CFO and Group Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Ensure accurate posting of financial transactions within accounts of responsibility including journal entries and interfaces
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including cash reconciliations. Research and analyse any unmatched and/or out of balance entries
- Monitor ageing and clear open items
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for BSC management Support period end financial closing activities
- Process and resolve differences and exceptions that arise from transactional processes
- Process & reconcile intercompany transactions ensuring no mismatches at month end Perform treasury functions & monitor cash flow forecasts
- Meet service level agreements (SLAs) and performance targets related to R2R Serve as an initial point of contact for market customer queries
- Resolve any query issues according to defined policies and procedures Escalate as necessary any customer issues related to queries to the Team Lead
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
This role will close 18th April 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- A Levels or equivalent and previous relevant experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and personal accountability for delivering quality results
- Must display a customer service focused attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and displays initiative in solving problems
- Ability to plan and manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
- Previous experience as a Finance Analyst or in a similar role
- Accounting Technician or PQE with previous relevant experience. Ideally studying for accounting qualification
- Nordics & Benelux languages are desirable but not essential
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and deeded healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.