Brexit Project Manager (12 month FTC), Open to flexibility
Brexit Project Manager (12 month FTC), Open to flexibility
GSK is implementing mitigation plans to ensure continuity of supply when the UK leaves the EU in March 2019.
In this role, your task will be to deliver analytical support through data collation, analysis and the development of recommendations for review by Stakeholders.
You will provide trade route and physical flow mapping expertise plus decision support for the Brexit Programme Team focused on the post Brexit Operating Model.
Additionally, you will identify areas for continuous improvement within data analysis.
This opportunity is available on a 12-month temporary contract basis.
- Analysis and recommendations (to include: data gathering, collation, validation, data analysis, option generation, scenario mapping and recommendations in support of supply chain and trade route design for the Brexit Programme.
- Primary deliverables of role; it's scope; impact on strategy, policy, business or people relationships
- Work with the sites and across the network to develop and maintain a robust database by SKU, validating site data and incorporating new products.
- Map and maintain physical, quality and trade route models for all products impacted by the Brexit programme
- Support network reviews and business cases in scope and in line with business need and Brexit programme strategic priorities.
- Key stakeholders will be Brexit M&S Programme Lead & Stream Leads, Supply Chain Hub and Logistics Leaders, and Tax and Trade
- To act as a custodian of data integrity and alignment for data used across the Brexit M&S Programme
- Creating management information by understanding the requirements of the stream lead, identifying what data and information is required, locating optimal source(s) of this information and shaping the analysis to meet the business requirement. The information will be used to inform decisions at a senior level, including Brexit Steerco, Brexit GSK Operations Team, GMS Exec and CET.
- Working in conjunction with stakeholders providing clear, concise analysis for the development of options to be presented to a variety of different levels within the Organisation.
- To provide the business interface between the E2E Service Team and the Brexit Programme for services as required.
- Develop detailed process and systems instruction for re-routing of product and cutover to the new operating model.
- Challenging and interpreting customer requirements to ensure business priorities are met and then translating them into robust workable models and reports.
- Drive continuous improvement to process and output e.g. through actively seeking feedback.
- Degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working.
- Operating model cutover encompasses key dose forms and global sites and E2E supply chain functions.
- Part of the Brexit M&S Programme supporting the lead teams across the Supply Chain and Trade Operating Models.
- Interfaces with Brexit M&S Programme Lead & Stream Leads, Supply Chain Hub and Logistics Leaders, E2E Services and Tax and Trade and participates in their virtual teams.
- Supports the analytical and information requirements of the Brexit programme requiring knowledge of Supply Chain Design, Trade Routes, Logistics, Commercial, Manufacturing (Primary & Secondary) and Third Party Contractor Management.
- Supports the development of strategic reviews, processes and network options.
- Interfaces across a wide range of departments including: Primary, Secondary, Finance, Supply Chain IT, E2E Supply Chain Services, Regulatory, Tax and Trade.
- Requires the individual to be comfortable working with fluid situations and with a high degree of uncertainty.
- The above would cover the majority of dose forms within GSK.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 20th April 2018
- Degree level educated or equivalent in an appropriate business/technical area
- Expert knowledge and experience managing complex projects across multiple work streams
- Knowledge of Quality, GMP, AMT, Regulatory and Supply Chain processes and systems architecture
- Continuous Improvement mindset - from identification to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative plans with project leads and convey associated risks.
- Experience with proven leadership skills managing cross functional complex projects in a highly-regulated environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work across the organisation and interact/influence effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Excellent consultative, listening, communication and analytical skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Technical breadth in order to build integrated program plans.
- See above
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this.
Who will I be working with?
Click here to meet your team.
How do I develop my career?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
- You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
- Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
- Share Option & Save Schemes
- Plus much more
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.