Serialisation Service Manager, Open to flexibility
Serialisation Service Manager, Open to flexibility
This role exists to define, implement, drive, and continuously improve support services for serialisation and coding with focus on:
- Governance and integration of the end to end support service ensuring alignment with the end to end GMS supply chain.
- Business and serialisation solution SME support including coordination of other GSK Shared Service groups
The end to end support service includes support from the obtaining of serial numbers, the application of serialisation at the supply site, dispatch and receipt of the product and its data into the market as well as a returns and queries loop back into the LOC and the support service from the wholesaler, retailer or end patient. This will also include any CMO and 3rd party customer requirements to ensure all service requirements are being met from both internal and external customers.
Initially the role will drive these responsibilities and purpose as part of the Fingerprint Programme team. Ultimately this role will evolve to become the GMS Serialisation Service Manager, providing support in the steady state environment in the area of serialisation and coding across the GMS supply chain.
The Serialisation Service Manager will be responsible for the complete end-to-end support service for serialisation and coding and fulfill all the following accountabilities for all relevant components of this end-to-end service.
Manage support service and team of subject matter experts
- Implement and manage a serialisation and coding support service model for the end to end processes and sub-processes with focus on the engineering, business support processes and IT support aligned with each new market deployment.
- Collaborate with a small team of experts (up to 5), drawn from across the GMS and GSK organisation, aligned to the serialisation and coding end-to-end process
- Set targets, expectations and KPI's to ensure the team of direct reports and the wider support service groups, including IT, are measured on ability to address and resolve supply chain issues
- Manage relationships, in coordination with procurement, with engineering and business support service vendors
- Motivate and direct this team of experts (indirect reports) to deliver the support service and objectives outlined above
Maintains support standards, risk and change management
- Provide input to new market or site capability reviews and proposals at the request of the Regional Serialisation Business Lead
- Reviews and recommends when proposed deviations / customisations/ change requests / improvements / localisations to support engineering or business standards or associated Service Level Agreements should be approved or denied including any impact to the support service
- Ensures support service risks are identified, captured, escalated and mitigated
- Facilitates the Support Risk and Change Advisory Board
Drives continuous improvement
- Defines and implements measures of effectiveness for the end-to-end support service
- Monitors the performance of these measures and sets, in conjunction with the Serialisation Global Business Process Owner, the ambition for improving these measures
- Ensures root cause analysis of issues/incidents are identified to apply appropriate CAPA (corrective action, preventative action), knowledge sharing and improvement
- Proactively and on ongoing basis consults inside and outside of GSK to identify good practices that will enable improvement of the standard end-to-end process
Reviews IT support to ensure that they align to the end to end support service
- Works with the IT End to End Serialisation Service Manager to review and improve performance measures and effectiveness of the various IT support groups providing service as part of the end to end support model
- Monitors performance of the process and tools for logging and escalation of all support service issues via the IT Helpdesk and Remedy
- Monitors the performance of the IT measures and sets and drives continuous improvement as outlined above
Advocates standardisation and knowledge sharing
- Advocates across GMS and GSK, at all levels of the organisation, the benefits of process, data and system standardisation including GPS (GSK Production System) to enable support service alignment, standardisation and improvement
- Introduces and facilitates customer and super-user focus groups to enable knowledge sharing and encourage standardisation and continuous improvement
- Support site and overall capability builds to extend serialisation knowledge outside of the programme and into the broader GSK.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 20th April 2018
- Demonstrated experience in managing a customer service focused team or environment
- Demonstrated breadth of knowledge and experience across the end-to-end process that they provide support to, acquired through multiple roles in different functions, in particular in Manufacturing Engineering or Information Technology
- Highly structured Analytical approach
- Able to drive continuous improvement and be forward thinking
- Self-starter and able to demonstrate initiative
- Knowledge of external and internal best practices relevant to customer support
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and experience of application
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this.
Who will I be working with?
Click here to meet your team.
How do I develop my career?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
- You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
- Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
- Share Option & Save Schemes
- Plus much more
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.