Digitial Data Analytics and Innovation Drector, EMEA, Open to flexibility
Digitial Data Analytics and Innovation Drector, EMEA, Open to flexibility
Head Digital, Analytics and Innovation is accountable to the Business for all Digital and Analytics Innovation, strategy project delivery and business as usual (BAU) support services at a regional level. He / She needs to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business at a regional level.
Accountable for the all the business process identified in the scope below and accountable for developing the future Digital Strategy, Systems and Service architecture at a regional / local level. Jobholder will collaborate with regional IT Heads to ensure the optimal portfolio of applications exists to support the Business
Business process areas in scope:
- Customer and Consumer engagement
- Digital operations
- Precision marketing
- Digital product Innovation / Platform innovation
- Connected Devices
- Sales, Digital and Operational Analytics
In addition, this role is the Business partner for the following stakeholders:
- Regional / Local Digital Heads
- Regional / Local Analytics Heads
- Create and rollout a fully aligned 3-year digital and Analytics Tech roadmap for the consumer healthcare business unit at a regional/local level
- Build a network of external partners and internal capabilities to address emerging technology in the digital space (e.g. Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IOT))
- Enable the future BI / Analytics infrastructure and self-service model at a regional/local level
- End to end accountability for delivery of Digital projects at a regional/local level
- End to end accountability for analytics projects at a regional/local level
- (For regional roles) - People Management - Accountable for line managing staff supporting Business Process for Business Unit IT and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain Business Process knowledge and deep IT expertise.
PROBLEM SOLVING & INNOVATION
Primary problem is making the decision on which digital technologies and analytics tools should be implemented to address the evolving business landscapes. To ensure that we are investing sufficiently in supporting the key foundational items while ensuring GSK is preparing for a future where digital and data will disrupt the Consumer Healthcare and retail businesses. Digital and data will play a role in all aspects of how CH will develop products, distribute / sell our products and engage with our customers / consumers.
The jobholder will need to develop strategic relationships with a number of senior business stakeholders (Functional Heads, Regional / Local Head of Analytics and their Leadership Teams). He\she will need to be able to articulate effectively the tradeoffs and investment decisions that are needed to hit the long-term goals. Jobholder will also need to develop exceptionally strong relationships with IT colleagues as he\she will need to draw on shared services teams for delivery of critical programs and services and will need to articulate the business strategies and their impacts on other business areas such as R&D, Corporate, GMS, Markets and Pharma
As the role is regional. Jobholder will need to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and experience in working with multiple environments and will also need to develop and communicate strategies that are relevant, meaningful and applicable the market he/she operates in, particularly US, UK, Germany, India, China, where growth opportunities are huge and current services need to scale accordingly but maintain simplicity and regional/local relevance.
Experience of working with offshore partner teams in Eastern Europe, Malaysia and India will also be critical.
Sphere of influence is significant; each Business Process is critical so sub optimal operation or failure can result in major damage to GSK business and reputation.
GSK is behind in the move to digital as well as in our use of data to drive critical business decisions, with many of the key foundational systems missing or only partially implemented. Therefore, laying out the 3-year roadmap showing where to invest the jobholder will ensure that GSK CH can compete in a data driven digitized world. In addition, by focusing on how Digital and data can drive future growth using emerging technologies we will have a direct impact on sales for the CH business unit.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 23rd of April 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Degree, and extensive commercial IT experience with significant time spent running a regional digital team IT or business team plus Business Analytics or data management experience
- Deep technical skills required yet not limited to API's, Web services, software development approaches and models, various digital marketing tools (such as Google Tech Stack, GAP), hands on experience with Data & Analytics tools from a technical level (Microsoft BI, etc.)
- Track record in successful Digital IT strategy development, solution design, project delivery and service management
- Track record in delivering business impact through digital projects, analytics and innovation
- Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing and partnerships with Technology startups
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at executive level
- Deep content knowledge of Digital Marketing Basics (e.g. Campaign Management, DAM, SEO), Agile and Design thinking methodologies as well as emerging technologies (e.g. AI, Design Thinking, IOT)
- Size, scope and scale of challenge necessitates a leader with the right proven experiences, strategic thinking and execution capabilities. Credibility (through experience) is essential to success in these roles.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.