Digital Innovation Project Manager / BA, Open to flexibility
Digital Innovation Project Manager / BA, Open to flexibility
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to go "beyond the pill" by exploring new business models such as with connected devices / iOT's, etc. With regards to this, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst to join our Digital Innovation team.
The SPM/BA must be highly experienced in managing numerous projects simultaneously, can participate in business analysis and possesses a strong background in technology, as well as, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile processes.
This is a hybrid role and responsibilities can shift throughout projects, i.e., there may be times where the position will require more PM work than BA work or vice versa.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Direct and coordinate project resources at all phases of a project, including origination, initiation, planning, execution and control, and closeout
- Develop high-level business requirements / use cases and cost estimates for projects to support business justification
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks
- Create detailed project plans, track progress, review project tasks and scope to ensure deadlines and goals are met and that projects are within scope and budget
- Manage multiple projects from small to large scale in a cross-functional environment
- Manage resources in a matrix environment
- Provide risk and issue management
- Manages communications with agency representatives, external partners, stakeholders, program staff, and users
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
- Prepare and communicate status reports to team and management
- Provide leadership for requirements analysis and prioritization
- Elicit business requirements from key stakeholders by using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Develop or modify procedures and standards for project reporting and software development
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests to ensure it meets end user needs
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in R&D, digital, product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
Closing date for applications: 23rd of April 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Extensive experience as an IT project manager and proven history managing and delivering complex projects in a Digital and/or Connected Devices space.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage vendor relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities
- Extensive organizational skills to manage internal and external expectations, project artifacts and budget
- A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
- Experience in creating and improving processes
- Experience writing business requirements documentation (BRDs) and functional requirements documentation (FRDs), including creating workflow/process flow diagrams
- Significant experience in CPG, Tech, Agency or Media company is required
- Experience with PM tools such as Clarity, Jira, MS Project, etc., is required.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment
- Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.