Digital Innovation Product Manager / UX, Open to flexibility
- Contract Type
Digital Innovation Product Manager / UX, Open to flexibility
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to go "beyond the pill" by exploring new business models such as with connected devices / iOT's, etc. With regards to this, we are looking for a Product Manager and User Experience Expert to join our Digital Innovation team.
Related to his/her product management responsibilities, we envision the ideal candidate to be gathering and prioritizing requirements for the devices / iOT "platform" that GSK is looking to create, defining the technology vision of this "platform", and working closely with Digital, R&D and technology development partners to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The job holder will also be responsible for creating buy-in for the "platform" vision both internally and with key external partners as well as translating strategy of the "platform" into detailed requirements and prototypes. Other requirements include:
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of internal and external customer/consumer requirements, identify and fill product (i.e. the devices / iOT "platform") gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
- Ability to create buy-in for the product (i.e. the devices / iOT "platform") vision both internally and with key external partners
- Ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Ability to work closely with development teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Ability to drive product (i.e. the devices / iOT "platform") launches including working with executives, external stakeholders, and other team members in Tech, R&D and Digital teams.
- Act as a product (i.e. the devices / iOT "platform") evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on this devices / iOT "platform" and services
Related to his/her User Experience design activities, we envision that in this role you will be the primary user experience and design expert. Your expertise will support the connected devices innovation team with the range of projects we are engaged in. You will be providing design solutions that enhance the digital / devices projects that the team engage with, as well as balancing user needs against business goals and technology capabilities.
You will be expected to get your teeth into fascinating design challenges and meet them with excellent design communication and you will work as part of the innovation team, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team including assisting with the planning of projects or testing activities as necessary. We will also look to you to offer expert advice to technical and development teams on user experience design requirements across a range of projects
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in R&D, digital, product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 23rd April 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Proven experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product roadmaps and strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies
User Experience Design
- You care passionately about the users you are designing for, wanting to design the best solution for your audience. You have the ability to simplify complex design requirements into component parts and systematically evaluate them.
- Specialized expert with experience in wire frames, user flows and personas, layout, color and typography, and an interest to engage with the broad variety of roles that the job will involve, and are keen to develop your skills.
- Have great communications skills and can pitch your work and sell it to all sorts of people, confidently putting forward your ideas and solutions. Have an instinct for balancing the needs of the internal customer with user needs and be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives.
- Ensure that all designs take account of technical limitations, and options are explored to ensure products meet the best in class in terms of look, feel, functionality, behaviour and experience.
- Keep abreast of industry developments in user experience design and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
- You have expert knowledge of design and creative software products and are equally happy to pick up and learn unfamiliar software packages as required.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.