Global Marketing Manager, Open to flexible working
The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering new innovations, beginning with identification of consumer insights and unmet needs that a new product can resolve, and then stemming from these insights developing breakthrough concepts and winning claims for a range of new innovations. This role will offer you the opportunity to act as the Project Accountable Lead, leading cross functional teams through to delivery in market to bring new innovations to life. This will also require engaging with markets to bring them on board with new launches and working with markets to support execution, liaising with R&D and medical to build compelling science stories, working with design to deliver a winning design and finally turning over a robust insights package, concept, claims and science story to the comms team who will then develop the launch comms & activation program.
This role is highly cross-functional and multi-cultural and cross functional in nature and the successful candidate will need to inspire and engage to lead cross-functional project teams, and work closely with local markets across the globe, requiring ability to adapt their approach to reflect cultural, capability & language and skill-set diversity.
The role requires the ability to inspire at a global level and ensuring that programmes are delivered across a wide diversity of markets by interfacing with ‘design’ markets as a proxy for focused global growth. This is a visible role and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a high level of impact, both in personal style and through business results.
The key responsibility for this critical role on the DAC Category team is to drive development and delivery of the DAC innovation pipeline from conception through to delivery, influencing every aspect of the consumer proposition and product itself. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead launch execution of a breakthrough new fixative formulation, launching throughout the world in 2022/3, including supporting our two largest markets through the execution of the launch
- Lead development of the wave 2 program for the Max Hold + platform, which is the leading priority within the DAC pipeline for 2022-2024. This will entail
- Delivering sample size and trial size packs, and leading an initiative to upgrade the formulation across the range to deliver an upgraded proposition and improved consumer experience
- Building a strategy for expanding the Max Hold + platform into emerging markets, focusing on APAC and LATAM as key opportunity areas
- Lead the development of channel specific offerings that will enable physical availability and strong sales in the growing channels of ecommerce and discounters
- Partner with Design markets and Finance to develop the business cases for innovation projects
- Liaise with comms team to transition key insights, claims and science stories to enable development of toolkits
The role is highly complex and requires agility and provision of thought leadership. It will require someone with a strong consumer insight understanding, is highly organised, has demonstrated good influencing and leadership skills, has a good understanding of working with or in different markets, and is used to driving marketing initiatives cross-functionally.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Highly effective and impactful marketing and brand building experience, specifically:
- Evidence of contributions to the strategic planning process
- Proven track record of driving brand growth
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy powerful insights that drive growth, in line with CEJs
- Strong ability to develop new product concepts derived from consumer insights and data, coupled with proven delivery of flawless global launches
- Delivered successful consumer connections at a global level
- Experience in developing integrated digital campaigns with strong results
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement consistent brand assets across markets and through all consumer touch points
- Demonstrated the ability to harness the shopper-consumer-expert relationship
- Understanding of commercial excellence, media and the digital space
- Productive relationships with Regional / local marketing teams
- Demonstrated the ability to lead complex projects with successful outcomes, within a matrix organisation.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing innovation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in P&L/budget management, pricing and COGs strategy development and performance mind-set
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Relevant business degree. Professional marketing qualification or equivalent preferred MBA or related qualification preferred
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.