Manager, M&A Technology, Transaction Services - Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, M&A Technology, Transaction Services, Financial Advisory Services
Join the UK’s leading M&A services business. The strength and depth of Deloitte offering across the M&A spectrum from Lead Advisory through Transaction Services to Post-merger Integration is unrivalled. You will join the market leading M&A Technology team.
You will develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will fast-track your career and multiply your options. Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex, and high-profile deals in the UK and internationally.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your role will be to support and play a key role in undertaking complex M&A Technology assignments within our Financial Advisory Transaction Services division. You will undertake IT health assessments and exit readiness reviews, support buy-side, sell-side, IPO, and re-financing projects from start to completion; and cover pre-transaction reporting, Day 1 preparation and integration/separation support. You will support transactions across all industry sectors including Digital, Technology and Financial Services.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading and/ or contributing to pre deal, post deal and separation engagements with clients across all sectors including private equity
- Delivering and reviewing high-quality transaction reports and other M&A work products
- Providing day to day Programme Management Office support on our engagements, helping IT workstreams to fulfil their programme goals and deliverables.
- Engaging with colleagues and client senior management to drive the completion of actions, management of risks and issues and facilitation of decision making.
- Conducting research and analysis of IT information including IT cost data, IT contracts and IT qualitative information.
- Supporting the development of key documents for a transaction e.g., Transitional Service Agreements, status reports, SteerCo reports and papers addressing strategic issues.
- Identifying IT synergies, one-off costs, ongoing costs either within a larger team or as an advisor on smaller engagements.
- Developing your expertise in reporting to senior executives, facilitating large workshops, benefits tracking, change control and stakeholder management.
- Developing your consulting skills in strategic thinking, programme, and change management.
- Drawing on knowledge and experience across all aspects of IT in business, providing insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations based on robust analysis.
- Taking ownership for quality and risk management, ensuring that all client work is delivered consistently following Deloitte quality and risk rules and guidelines.
- Contributing to practice and business development activities e.g., through the development of thought leadership material and/ or sales materials.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or regional office, with frequent domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time.
Your professional experience
- Experience of transactions, ideally in performing of IT Due Diligence and/ or IT post-merger integration, separation/ carve-out assignments
- Excellent understanding of one or more core aspects of a typical IT function, including IT Strategy and Governance, Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Systems Integration, IT Service Delivery, IT infrastructure, IT financials and IT cost modelling.
- Exceptional academic background or equivalent experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of operating with senior level stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Great presentation skills
- Full travel mobility
- IT experience within industry, consulting, or professional services environment
- Analysis of business models and development of target operating models
- Experience of working Private Equity and Corporate transactions
- Experience of assisting with the design, development and delivery of IT programmes, or project initiatives
- Experience of change management and transformation initiatives e.g., Technological or business process changes
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application