Junior Credit Controller J&B (fixed term 9 months) - Open to flexible working
GBO (Global Business Operations) is a multi-functional, multicultural, multi-language Shared Service Centre that handles DIAGEO-wide transactions across various world regions.
GBO is playing a key role in ensuring effective operation of the core business of DIAGEO. The STC Service Delivery within the End To End Commercial Tower serves around 25 markets/countries and embraces end-to-end processes. The Credit Control stream entails various credit control and cash collection activities for GBO served markets.
- J&B is an over. £50m NSV business with over 4,000 active customers in 20 different locations and over 4,000 SKUs.
- J&B has four different office locations including one in Hong Kong.
- J&B runs a bespoke ERP system (Bevica)it also has amendments to standard Diageo policies in light of its private client customer base and role in the luxury arena.
- J&B’s commercial structure includes private client sales teams in both the UK and HK, an on-trade and an off-trade sales team, and a broking and buying team.
- J&B’s customers are served by two warehouses: a fine warehouse in Corsham, Wiltshire and a trade warehouse in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
- J&B’s business is both B2B and B2C including interactions with demanding high net worth individuals.
- This role sits in the Credit Control team alongside three other Credit Controllers based in the UK
- To support the company’s sales growth as the company develops its spirits business and expands its wine business through the timely collection and posting of payments to customer accounts.
- To work within a solid control environment and fully support and promote our compliance agenda.
- To provide a first class, value-added, customer experience to both private clients and on trade customers and to support the private client sales team, the on trade sales team and the Hong Kong private client sales team
- Responsible for a large number of varied and complex debtor accounts both Private Client and Trade customers
- Collection of cash to trading terms
- Allocate payments to invoices on accounts
- Manage and prepare direct debit payments for customers
- Reconcile payments from web orders and help manage web accounts
- Answer telephones
- Resolve customer queries including copy invoices, account amendments, proof of deliveries
- Perform credit checks for new customers and open new credit accounts alongside customer services.
- Support an annual credit limit review for all customers
- Management and preparation of a monthly bad debt provision
- Preparation of aged debt reports for month end process and
- Keep records of important communication with customers
- Support all sales teams, private client, on trade and Hong Kong with accounting requests
- Work alongside the customer services and sales teams to support a fast order to cash process
- University or College degree and 1-2 years relevant experience
- Speaks English fluently (and another European language according to market specifics)
- Has some financial knowledge
- Has Solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills (SAP knowledge is an advantage)