Lead UI Developer, Open to flexibility
Lead UI Developer, Open to flexibility
At Lloyds Banking Group we've built the UK's largest Digital Bank. We have increased the number of active online banking users to 12.5 million, with mobile users increasing to over 8 million. We invested £750 million in digital between 2012-2014 and have committed a further £1 billion in the three years to the end of 2017 to provide our customers with the opportunity to bank with us how, when and where they want to. We strive daily towards our vision of being the best bank for our customers, and we're well on our way thanks to the efforts of our people and their passion of making a difference.
The Transformation Programme is one of the largest programmes in the Bank and a key vehicle for the Bank to accomplish its vision and become a pioneer in the way digital technologies and experiences service our customers across channels.
You'll be joining the 'Shared Components' programme where our components are strategic solutions; a set of common standardized software products with similar architecture that can be used by anyone within the bank. We are a group of people passionate about developing meaningful digital products that enhance user experience for customers and colleagues alike across LBG.
As common, reusable products they allow easier implementation and give our customers the ability to adopt multiple shared components. Our dedicated teams work closely with you from the very initial engagement right through to go-live. We build the product and then help you with your integration, configuration, and support, whilst still maintaining ownership of the product itself.
Together we'll make a difference….
Our programme prides itself on our product mindset and believes that we drive a true focus on the customer by adopting the following principles:
- Customer-centric: We will understand the customer to allow us to build the best user experience.
- Client focused: We will work with our clients to ensure our products are relevant and widely adopted.
- Product thinking: We will understand the problem that every product is trying to solve.
- Speed, Quality & Discipline: We will use agile principles to create effective products.
- Continuous improvement: We will build in closed feedback loops to ensure quality and learning.
- Simplicity: We will strive to work in a simple and pragmatic manner to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across multiple teams
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- Passion for coaching other engineers, promoting leadership in others and building a strong team culture
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone.
Our culture in Group Transformation brings together smart, talented, driven people from a diversity of backgrounds; people are at the core of who we are. We appreciate each other as individuals whose careers have taken all kinds of paths. We stop and thank each other, we help each other. Your ability to connect with your team, provide innovative solutions and create an environment where all can thrive is critical to your success.
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you….