Engineering Team Manager, Open to flexibility
Engineering Team Manager, Open to flexibility
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine.
Our Barnard Castle site is a new products & global supply site. Approximately 1200 people work at the site and this where we produce topical, oral, sterile & inhalations products.
We are currently looking to add to the sizeable Engineering function on site by recruiting an Engineering Team Manager, focussing on Oral Solid Dose Manufacture & Building Services (Utilities) aspects. The successful individual will be responsible for leading & developing a high performing, multi-disciplined Engineering team, on a double days shift pattern, to deliver value driven maintenance across process and utilities plant.
Key responsibilities -
- Provide a customer oriented maintenance service to the product stream, with maintenance activities planned and coordinated to align engineering with production priorities.
- Support both local small scale improvement projects and larger capital projects with engineering resource and technical input.
- Take part in Root Cause analysis of identified issues and aid in the development/implementation of appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
- Develop a team working environment within the department, aiding staff in achieving their potential through an effective training & development strategy. Individuals performance to be reviewed on a routine basis and documented with a formal annual process.
- Ensure work is performed to the appropriate GMP standards, procedures & guides. Generation, completion & archive of various documents necessary to ensure regulatory compliance e.g. writing of SOPs, maintenance routines, validation protocols / reports etc.
- Development and management of an EHS audit strategy for the department, with generation & completion of actions recorded. Ensure a safe working environment for all staff in line with company and regulatory requirements, e.g. safe systems of work, training & development, audit & inspection etc.
- Provision of a cost-effective maintenance service to the product stream to pre-determined revenue targets.
- Assist in preparation of departmental capital plan & responsible for preparation and control of departmental revenue maintenance budget.
- Lead, participate and encourage the business drive for 'Continuous Improvement', integrating Lean Sigma principles into the day-to-day culture.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience -
- Ideally degree educated in an engineering discipline and/or be a time served engineer
- Demonstrable track record of leading and developing a team of engineers in a pharmaceutical/process manufacturing/FMCG or comparable environment
- Exposure to leading and sustaining continuous improvement initiatives
- Possess a coaching management style with the ability to build cross functional relationships
Please apply via our online application system before Tuesday 24th April 2018.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
When applying for this role, please ensure you use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Internal applications - In accordance with GSK policy, it is an employee's responsibility to notify their line manager when they have been selected for an internal interview. We may be seeking a reference from your current manager; therefore, if you have not already informed your manager of your application, please do immediately.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.