Corporate Tax Director - full or part time working options
As a corporate tax professional working from EY’s Bristol office you’ll provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work. You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help our clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
The varied work encompasses issues that include CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax means ultimately this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with EY.
As a Senior Manager you will also play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage the successful delivery of corporate tax services ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Manage full tax services to a client portfolio
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional client service. A key expectation will be well project managed service with high quality deliverables that demonstrates that value has been provided to the client
- Build relationships within the firm to support the identification of opportunities and provide deep specialist assistance to clients
- A significant contribution to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting / building relationships in the business community to win projects on new clients.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to more junior of team to support them on client work and through personal development
Skill and attributes for success
- Experience of advising on both compliance and advisory work, experience of issues including CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax issues
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR etc)
- Proven track record for business development on existing clients and ‘cold’ targets
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality delivery
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and consult appropriately within the firm
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Experience of managing and coaching others
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.