SME Client Development Manager - Cardnet (open to flexible working)
Through our brands, Lloyds Banking Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to create a thriving UK economy.
Would you like to work for the UK's leading provider of current accounts, savings, personal loans, credit cards and mortgages? This is an opportunity for a client development manager for our Cardnet business. Cardnet is a joint venture that enables us to provide businesses of all sizes with the ability to accept card and electronic payments for the goods and services they provide.
Joining Cardnet's SME Team, you'll be responsible for recruiting customers for Cardnet, acquiring services by working in partnership with Business Development and Relationship Managers as well as enthusiastically developing your own network of contacts and opportunities. This is a role that matters as you'll support Consumer Finance and Cardnet growth strategy and Together we make it possible.
You'll need excellent sales and networking skills to win new business in a face to face environment and good negotiation abilities together with a real determination to deliver. Confident and highly credible, you'll have well-developed influencing and organisational skills and be comfortable working on your own initiative. A financial services background is preferred and ideally previous card acquiring experience.
This role is field based within the Central region which encompasses a territory covering Swindon, Reading and Oxford therefore you would need to live in close commuting distance to facilitate daily customer appointments and bank meetings across the territory.
Typically you would be involved with the following:
- Identifying and satisfying the needs of SME level clients from bank introducers, third party introducers and can-do activity
- Form relationships with key banking contacts such as Consumer Finance Area Relationship Managers
- Relationship Management of a portfolio of existing customers
- High level contact and negotiations with senior management, finance directors and managing directors
- Ability to explain and present factual information to individuals or groups in a structured, clear, confident and concise way
- Conduct detailed needs analysis with customers and recommend strategic payments solutions of payment acceptance (F2F, card not present and ecommerce)
- Discuss and negotiate on commercial, operational and technical basis to understand and fulfil the client's needs and requirements
- Deliver individual and towards team objectives
Ideally you'll demonstrate experience and knowledge of the following:
- Specialist knowledge of card acquiring payment and data solutions
- Working knowledge of acquiring schemes, their drivers, industry dynamics, interchange and future product service deliverables
- An up to date knowledge of Industry related technical development
- Knowledge of relevant third party suppliers (e.g. technology) and partners
- Confirmed ability to build and manage relationships at all levels
- Proven success of negotiation
- A business development background.
Being a part of Lloyds Banking Group offers opportunity for progression and development, so if you're looking to work for one of the largest Financial Services organisations in the UK and you have the skills, knowledge and drive we're looking then we'd like to hear from you.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're committed to the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers a car (or allowance) flex cash sum, 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud of the industry recognition we have received, including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.