Indirect Tax Manager, London - Flexible Contracts
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you flexibility.
We are open to flexible contracts
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
Our Indirect Tax team is market leading, providing advisory services to PwC’s largest and most important clients. We advise across all aspects of VAT compliance and structuring, customs, excise and environmental taxes. We provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally giving you endless opportunities to work with a variety of clients across all business sectors.
As part of the team you’ll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career, build your global VAT technical skills and experience working on complex and challenging assignments. If you’re ready to accelerate your career in indirect tax then this is the opportunity for you - apply today.
As a Manager, you’ll work as an integral part of a team of problem solvers, helping our clients tackle their complex issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building relationships with our clients
- Independent thinking to innovate solutions and advice aligned to our clients’ commercial needs
- Delivery of the highest quality advice to clients
- Managing a team and helping develop others in the team
- Liaising with the global PwC network
- Working in multidisciplinary Indirect Tax teams (e.g. with customs, legal and systems specialists)
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact indirect taxes
The role will enable you to work with senior leaders in our indirect tax practice, and we will invest in your development and provide you with access to business mentors to help maximise your potential.
- ACA/CTA/ACCA UK Qualification or LLM
- Excellent VAT technical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A commitment to team working
- A commitment to delivering great client service
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
- Good self-organisational skills
- Resilient and able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and through virtual networks
- Encouraging and motivational to junior staff
- A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.