External Audit Manager - AWM - Flexible Contracts
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network
PwC's Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) practice is the market leading AWM audit business. Our business is a national practice comprising over 600 staff with a presence in 12 offices across the UK, and comprises both financial audit and non-audit assurance businesses.
Working in AWM will provide opportunities to gain experience working across a variety of clients including FTSE listed, global private companies, private partnerships, funds and Private Equity and Venture Capitalist backed companies. You'll work across a wide variety of industry sectors including, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Pensions, Private Equity, traditional Asset and Wealth management, as well as technology and asset servicing businesses. This breadth of client base gives our people an unmatchable opportunity to gain deep understanding and experience across the whole AWM sector.
As a Manager in AWM Audit, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone
- Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty
- Coaching others and encouraging them to take ownership of their development
- Analysing complex ideas or proposals and building a range of meaningful recommendations
- Using multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Addressing substandard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations
- Developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focusing on building trusted relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.