Centre of Excellence Manager - Flexible Contracts
1 day left
- Contract Type
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- We can offer flexible contracts (exception during Jan-March 5 days per week).
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
A career in our Audit Centre of Excellence practice will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You’ll focus on enhancing our services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluate complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our team, you’ll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, exposuring you to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexities. You’ll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You’ll develop specialist audit knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits. You’ll also lead innovation in a range of areas, including pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA/ ACCA/ ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by: helping further define the CoE model, embracing virtual working and other technology and defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple engagements
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.