Account Executive – Midlands & East England - Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Here at Diageo, we are looking for a commercially minded Account Executive to join the Key Account Team arm of our On Trade channel. As an Account Executive within the On Trade you get to work with category leading brands such as Smirnoff, Guinness and Tanqueray (to name only a few!) as well as our exciting innovation brands such as Gordons Pink Gin and Tanqueray Royale!
You are responsible for the most important element of our business; making sure our customers, category and brand plans are executed brilliantly across our key accounts. You will make sure that wherever we connect with a customer or a consumer; he/she will enjoy working with or drinking our brands.
What are your responsibilities as an Account Executive in the Key Account Team?
The role of the Account Executive is to own and lead the commercial agenda and Diageo performance within the
region, working closely with the KAM to understand our regional strategy. Managing circa 275 contractual / key accounts directly where the primary objective is to win pouring agreements for the full Diageo portfolio and grow your own P&L, drive our market share performance, and deliver distribution of our priority brands. Further to this the Account Executive is responsible for coordinating world class activation to be delivered by yourself and our dedicated Activation Specialist for the region. It’s your responsibility that all the outlets in your zone are perfectly executed versus our predefined outlet execution standards.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Driving performance across the region – Working closely with the KAM, Account Executives & Activation Specialists as part of our regional strategy
- Secure distribution of our priority brands across circa 275 outlets
- Deliver a strong return on investment (ROI) through existing and new contractual agreements, managing spend, forecasting / validation accuracy including planned activity/ spend with key customers across the year
- Deliver against a full year annual operating plan (FY AOP) in line with our KAT ambition
- Responsible for developing customer relationships across the account base
- Own the Route to Market (RTM) relationships for your region
- In outlet performance and execution levels accurately tracked and measured (in CRM system where deployed)
- Responsible for the quality and serve standard of Guinness Draught with the support of our Quality Team
These are the qualities/previous experience we are looking for to ensure you will be set up for success as an Account Executive within the Key Account Team:
- On Trade experience in a similar sales/activation led role or from the trade inc outlet management.
- Relationships – Has the ability to build strong relationships with customers and route to markets.
- Commercial Acumen – can manage ROI, forecasting and investment decisions.
- Knowledge of the region, the trade and the RTM relationships.
- Target Driven – Will to win! You have the drive, appetite and ambition to excel within a challenging target driven environment.
- Team coach – will be a key member, coach and mentor of the team
- Organised – can manage a host of priorities.
- Agile – must be comfortable adapting and flexing workloads to accommodate business needs.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive package that includes a Annual Incentive Plan rewarding you for delivering great performance.
- Industry leading sales capability training
- Working for the undisputed leader in the Spirits industry
Please note you must demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK, be over 21 years of age and hold a full, clean driving license and proof of active driving experience of at least 1 year.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything