Assistant Director, Capital Projects, Real Estate - Part time, flexible working, returners
- Contract Type
Assistant Director, Capital Projects, Real Estate Consulting, Financial Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Real Estate - 'where business meets real estate'
Within Deloitte Real Estate is our well-established and growing Real Estate Consulting business, which is one of the largest integrated real estate advisory teams in the UK.
The team consists of property, finance and construction professionals, including chartered surveyors, cost consultants, engineers and accountants.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are currently looking for an experienced Capital Projects consultant to join our growing Real Estate Consulting business as an Assistant Director. The team comprises professionals from a range of backgrounds including chartered engineers, cost consultants, construction project managers, surveyors and accountants. Within our team you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field and work within a stimulating and challenging environment, with a focus on outstanding client service;
- Gain experience in a range of technical areas spanning strategy definition, transformation programmes, assurance and distressed situations;
- Work in a business consulting environment, advising clients at executive management level to help them solve some of their most complex problems; and
- Work with a wide range of public and private sector clients in the UK and internationally.
- You will be exposed to a wide variety of engagements in a range of industries.
- Defining the strategy for the delivery of a high profile, multi-billion pound capital investment programme, including designing and establishing a new client organisation from scratch;
- Reviewing the commercial and financial controls in a construction company and advising on the potential risks and mitigation measures that need to be implemented; and
- Being part of a team tasked with helping a client to recover a major capital investment programme that is in distress, stabilising it and re-establishing effective control of the delivery.
- We take personal development seriously, offering a comprehensive range of learning and development opportunities within a stretching yet highly supportive environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive so you will receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. You will be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, hard work and ambition are rewarded.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis, with a minimum of four days (80% presence) a week.
Your professional experience
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. CEng, MICE, MRICS, ChPP;
- A 2:1 degree with strong A-level results or equivalent qualifications and/or a relevant post graduate qualification;
- Experience of working for a major consulting firm in a client facing role, including some business development responsibility;
- Previous construction industry experience, ideally working for a project management organisation, cost consultancy, main contractor or major UK house builder;
- Technical knowledge of design, procurement, construction, contract management and property development;
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports;
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and manage engagement teams;
- Confidence, independence and proactivity; and
- The ability to travel as required.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application