LEAD Manager - Careers, Development and Performance - UK&I - L&D, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Part of the wider Talent Development team, this is a key role delivering LEAD as our platform to support the careers, development and performance of our people as Transformative leaders.
Working in a small, supportive team, the LEAD Manager oversees the delivery and execution of three LEAD performance cycles annually, and drives a culture of counsellor excellence in two UKI regions, working closely with the functional leader for LEAD. The role is responsible for managing initiatives that feed into wider Career, Development and Performance (CDP) strategy, delivering their execution, measurement and evaluation, and aligning to global strategy, processes and standards. The LEAD Manager identifies and implements enablers to support behaviour change and transition the business to new ways of working (e.g. enhancements in LEAD, counsellor excellence, Leadership & Development Feedback and equitable outcomes for all).
Careers, Development and Performance Senior Manager (LEAD leader)
Your Key Responsibilities
Careers & Performance Strategy and planning:
- Manage priorities and projects relating to Career Enablers and Frameworks, Counselor Excellence and LEAD Reviewer Excellence feeding into the CDP strategy
- Operational delivery of LEAD enhancements, processes and reporting
- Management of insights including LEAD workbooks and year end tools for performance evaluations
- Planning to execute the careers and performance priorities and projects in line with wider CDP plans
Define and execute Careers & Performance requirements
- Manage the operational Career Enablers/Framework projects in line with CDP strategy
- Execution of initiatives to drive Counsellor & LEAD Reviewer Excellence, adopting innovation with global guidelines and processes
- Deliver on execution of Performance Management processes, collaborating with other Talent teams including HRBCs, Reward and Talent Shared Services
- Delivery of the Performance Management process, driving consistency and most effective use of the Global tools and priorities
- Embed changes that impact the Counselling and LEAD models – for example Employee Central, Leadership and Development upward feedback mechanism, performance evaluation
- Manage initiatives and materials to support the role Counsellors and LEAD processes play in ensuring D&I is prioritised to ensure equitable outcomes for all.
- Collaborate with the Partner Matters team to manage the activity for Partner/Associate Partner LEAD process compliance and drive associated behaviours
- Understand and manage the Global Performance Management standards processes and drive compliance (eg ISQM1 regulatory standard)
- Management and identification of performance trends in the business, identifying areas of concern and need for curriculum change (eg Counselling Learning)
- Drive innovation in LEAD processes, materials and communications to maximise engagement
- Management of the development of technology to support LEAD process (eg Employee Relationship Management tool)
- Deliver content for Counsellor Connect meetings for each LEAD Cycle (including to the wider counsellor population) and cascade materials incorporating wider Talent strategic agenda
- Support capability building of all roles connected to LEAD (collaborating with Talent Consultants)
- Trusted adviser and Subject Matter Expert to the business, delivering insights relating to Careers and Performance
- Build close working relationships with colleagues across Talent (incl. Learning, Total Reward, D&I, Onboarding etc.) to manage the LEAD process and CDP priorities
- Identify Global and Market best insight to inform and influence our approach to LEAD
- Operational measurement and evaluation of LEAD through each Cycle, Career Enablers, Counsellor & LEAD Reviewer Excellence, Region Experience projects and Performance Management processes, with and escalation of data and insights to key stakeholders
- Manage continuous improvement plans for Careers and Performance projects and processes (eg evolution of the ERM tool with Talent shared services)
- Deliver new strategic projects in line with Global model to fit UK&I requirements
- Ability to manage resources and lead others
- Good commercial acumen and business awareness
- Good understanding of EY and EY Talent and the link between the talent team strategy and business strategy
- Stakeholder management, collaboration and consulting skills
- Strong client focus with the ability to network, manage relationships and work virtually and across borders/cultures
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organisation at all levels
- Strong team worker with ability to coordinate and work as ‘one team’
- Operational focus on quality in the service delivery to the business
- Strong reporting and database management skills
- Produce and provide evidence-based insights to inform Talent priorities
- Talent Development Functional knowledge of trends
- Ability to engage and influence others
- Focused on change management and a desire to act as a change champion
- Experience of working in HR in professional services or corporate environment
- Experience of working in organizational behavior, talent development preferred
- Experience of large scale programme and process management in professional services or corporate environment
- Working in international and diverse environments
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.