Executive, Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy (Financial Services), Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Since the financial crisis a new European banking landscape has emerged. Institutions which previously focussed on the origination of new loans are now transforming their operations to deal with bad debt exposures. Increasingly tough regulatory requirements have pushed some lenders into administration or resolution.
The EY Bank Restructuring team works at the heart of the European banking sector. We advise on bank crises, restructurings and loan sales. We have been involved in numerous landmark projects in several jurisdictions. Our clients are governments, regulators, banks and funds and our stakeholders are C-suite level executives and investors.
Recent example of our work includes;
- Acting as lead advisor for a major European bank disposing of a multi-billion secured portfolio
- Numerous buy-side engagements with credit funds on loan portfolio trades
- Acting as lead advisor for the administrator of a major European bank in the disposal of the bank’s subsidiaries
- Diagnostic review of a European bank’s NPL unit, proposing and designing new strategic initiatives.
- Supporting the wind-down of a major European lender
The continued success of our business means we are looking to add to our team. We are looking for a new Executive to support the delivery of assignments alongside multi-disciplinary EY teams in the UK and overseas.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will be exposure to a variety of projects across our capabilities. Work undertaken by current Executives in our team includes;
- Producing sell-side marketing materials for loan portfolio transactions
- Analysis of loan portfolios
- Reviewing the operational and business models of European lenders
- Identifying strategic initiatives for stressed financial institutions
- Leading day-to-day work on buy-side due diligence engagements of loan books and servicers
- Supporting business development activities through proposals, thought leadership and liaising with our buy-side contacts
Skills and attributes for success
The specialised nature of work means we are not necessarily seeking prior experience of bank restructuring or corporate finance. Our current team includes individuals who started their careers as auditors, strategy consultants, lawyers and corporate bankers.
To qualify for the role you must have
The successful candidate must have:
- Exposure to the banking sector or non-performing loans, for example as a banking auditor
- The ability to analyse financial statements and a strong grasp of key bank accounting concepts
- Experience in writing reports
- A high degree of proficiency in excel
- Strong academic background
- Willingness to travel - many of our projects are outside of the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
The following experience or capability would be advantageous:
- ACA/ CFA or equivalent
- Financial modelling experience
- Understanding of concepts such as bank valuation, MREL, TLAC, Basel III
- Understanding of a bank's operations, value chain and key functions
- Individuals with fluency in other European languages are especially welcome particularly Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Greek.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.