EHS Advisor – Environment, Open to flexible working
We are currently looking to recruit an EHS Advisor – Environment for our Stevenage site. The individual with provide leadership, strategic direction, coordination and delivery in the specialist areas of environmental management and sustainability which is relevant to business needs, supportive of GSK’s objectives and compliant with regulations. They are responsible to ensure GSKs interests are represented and protected, both within and external to GSK. Providing specialist technical services to the research and development groups within the region and maintaining comprehensive external and cross business initiatives.
You will be joining a vibrant, high performing team that enjoys working cross-functionally, delivering exceptional levels of support and expertise, building and sustaining relationships and enjoying a variety of challenges to facilitate drug development in a fast moving, dynamic workplace.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Act as the single point of EHS contact for environment management across the region, providing technical leadership, expertise and direction to EHS practitioners and the business to enable them to successfully conduct work and remain compliant with local and national EHS regulations and guidelines.
- Build strong relationships – Business partner with R&D and support a wide range of customers to a range of GSK operating companies and Centre’s of Excellence to develop support and ownership of environment management and sustainability.
- Liaise with external regulatory bodies to maintain positive relationships and regulatory advocacy for the business.
- Support the implementation and embed and grow the environment management systems and contribute to the overall EHS management system. Provide comprehensive and authoritative environmental management advice to ensure compliance and drive best practice.
- Actively provide support to the site and business units as part of an EHS team delivering technical advice, support, training, risk assessment, incident investigation, projects, new products and processes within defined geographical region.
- Partner with GSK to access and minimise a wide variety of EHS risks within a complex and diverse GSK organisation to develop and refine local management systems in line with emerging requirements.
- Work effectively with other key EHS professionals to deliver an efficient EHS Service to business partners, facilities and project management staff. Influencing individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and responsibilities including scientific staff, senior managers and outside regulatory agency personnel in EHS matters
- Delivery of the GSK EHS&S programme Including enhanced management monitoring, embedding of Life Saving Rules and supporting R&D initiatives.
- Prioritize activities, undertaken by this position, and manage projects concurrently in a rapidly changing environment. Consult with, inform and influence colleagues and customers in their EHS decision making within region
- Involvement in the investigation of incidents and supporting the business in development of controls to prevent recurrence
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree qualified in a Science related subject (chemistry, biology etc.) or possess significant, relevant experience
- Environment management expertise with strong Environment, Health and Safety experience.
- Demonstrable background of working as an EHS professional in a highly regulated environment, ideally pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of UK EHS regulations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- A post-graduate EHS qualification in a relevant disciplines e.g MSc in Environmental Management and NEBOSH Diploma highly desired.
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards
- NEBOSH Certificate
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.