Project Manager - R&D Data CoE (Open to flexible working)
Want to use your skills to significantly improve the daily lives of scientists and employees across R&D so they can help patients? Want to be part of high performing teams containing world class talent? Do you have a passion for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to scientific and operational business problems? Then this could be the role for you . . .
The Data CoE has been in existence for over 2 years with the mission to improve R&D decision making through the better use of its data. The group has concentrated on start-up fundamentals including Infrastructure build, Platform delivery, team set-up and early value delivery through use cases. The focus now is driving implementation so we can maximise the effective use of new tools and the available data by users across all of R&D from those reporting the data, those conducting data discovery through to experts in data and computational science. This will require individuals with leadership qualities, an appreciation of the value of data and the ability to drive the embedding of new ways of working. If think you have what it takes then read on further about this fantastic opportunity.
Click here to learn more about why data is so important to GSK, from our CDO Mark Ramsey.
You can also access GSK Tube to hear from members of our team.
The purpose of this role is to provide the project management skills, capabilities and discipline to R&D Data Centre of Excellence Projects. This role will ensure a collaborative, efficient coordination & integration across the project teams to deliver quality Data Solutions. This individual will ensure an effective execution of projects with best practice methodologies while maintaining control of scope and delivery to target.
- To build, develop and drive delivery against team endorsed project plan
- Collaboration across data and IT professionals on Data Centre of Excellence projects to identify clear work packages and appropriate delivery milestones for reporting & tracking
- Maintain best practice in deliverable progress, decision tracking, risks management, budgets etc.
- Effective communication with programme management & project stakeholders
- Monitor and maintain performance across project team members including any 3rd parties
- Negotiate solutions and address emergent issues.
- Project Management Competency including ability to produce & maintain a Microsoft project plans & scheduling
- Understanding of data/IT related projects terms, milestones and content
- Understanding of resource demand management aligned to project plan
- Working knowledge of pro-active Project Risk Management
- Issues management and resolution
- Learning ability to build understanding in Data COE processes and approach.
- Able to effectively interact with a broad range of people
- Manage and coordinate team towards delivery
- Understand approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to negotiate and influence for project delivery.
Why You? Basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, finance or relevant subject
- Prior experience of project management.
- Ideally experience in Data related projects, IT or Technology Sectors or
- Industry / R&D operational experience (i.e. a member of project or technology platform team)
- Agile project methodologies including Scrum facilitation
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application!
Closing date for applications: 11th May 2018.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.