Packaging Development Manager, Open to flexibility
Packaging Development Manager, Open to flexibility
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Development Manager to join our Packaging Innovation team in Weybridge. Reporting to the Director of Packaging Innovation, you will support packaging innovation projects ranging from developing packaging concepts through to commercialization. You will be focused on developing consumer relevant packaging components that maximize the consumer experience while maintaining cost effective manufacturing capabilities. In addition, you will be responsible for validating packaging performance, supplier capabilities and internal/external manufacturing. You will serve as our internal packaging expert and represent packaging on cross functional project teams.
- Be a technical leader and packaging expert within GSK Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH) R&D Packaging functions.
- Identify, develop and deliver innovative packaging solutions that delight consumers while protecting the product and meeting GSKCH quality standards.
- Align packaging projects with commercial strategy for assigned Brands/Categories as well as supply chain activities. Projects may include: new first to market packaging innovations, costs savings projects, and/or complexity reduction & business continuity projects.
- Manage multiple packaging initiatives and projects.
- Embed GSKCH packaging E2E process into each project, while ensuring regulatory & quality requirements are met.
- Works within cross functional project teams to execute packaging projects, while ensuring on-time delivery of projects and action items.
- Support the development and implementation of global packaging programs across the technical community.
- Partner with suppliers & category teams to develop best in class innovation for the category.
- Actively seek, identify and develop cost effective, innovative packaging solutions to further strengthen product concepts.
- Be a packaging innovation champion, ensure new innovation ideas are shared broadly across project teams/business. Drive for acceptance and introduction of new packages into the stage gate process.
- Work as an individual contributor. Manage and lead multiple projects with low level of guidance.
- Effectively use the stage gate process for packing innovation projects while maintaining original design intent throughout the development process (from concept to product launch) while ensuring that the consumer is at the heart of all projects.
- Ensure new packaging projects are delivered on time, on budget and that success criteria are met.
- Maintain awareness of competitor packaging activities and execute benchmarking studies.
- Keep up to date on various packaging technologies and new supplier innovations within assigned brands/categories.
- Ensure packaging knowledge and expertise on material science and packaging technologies are transferred within GSK.
- Write specifications, reports, protocols and test methods that meet GSK CH standards of the global packaging documentation system
- Provides general technical advice and support on cost savings and complexity reduction programs.
- Ensure packaging compliance in all functional activities and support quality/compliance activities as CAPA's, deviations and change management.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 29th April 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Experience as a Packaging Engineer/Senior Packaging Engineer in a corporate R&D packaging department leading complex packaging development projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Packaging / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical / Materials Sciences or equivalent.
- Experience with rigid plastics, tubes, cartons is preferred.
- Experience in a cross functional multi-national regulated environment (Pharmaceutical / FMCG) preferred.
- Proven examples of managing projects from concept ideation to commercialization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven track record of cross functional team leadership and managing projects through stage gate.
- Working knowledge or global packaging regulations and requirements for medicated and/or dermo-cosmetic packaging components.
- Good communicator in both written and verbal communications
- Ability to work and manage across all business levels within the organization.
- As above.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities 'Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare', and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.