Treasury Accountant (Open to flexible working)
6 days left
- Contract Type
Treasury Accounting delivers value to GSK by providing financial oversight and business partnership across businesses within the Group. We are primarily responsible for providing accounting advice on hedging and funding strategies to Corporate Treasury and to correctly report the nature of these transactions in the right legal entities.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Treasury Accountant to join our team in Brentford! This role is an ideal opportunity to learn about the Treasury function and how the Group's activities are managed and accounted for within the various finance entities, working very closely with Corporate Treasury and senior stakeholder management within the GSK Group.
In addition to the above, the role will include the following responsibilities:
1. As part of this team, you will provide financial support for certain key deliverables and operate as a subject matter expert to provide support and guidance to the business as needed, in respect of the following deliverables:
- Monthly schedules that are included in the Treasury Management Group ("TMG") information pack, which is ultimately presented to senior stakeholders (e.g. the CFO and Group Treasurer);
- Calculation of the daily foreign exchange dealing profit for the Treasury finance entities, including understanding the calculations and investigating where differences arise;
- Monitor and review the daily bank reconciliation process to ensure there are no misstatements in reported cash and overdraft balances for Treasury entities; and
- Assist the wider team with month end and year end reporting.
2. Continually reviewing processes and systems to identify improvements and opportunities, simplifying and automating where appropriate.
This role will report to the Manager Treasury Accounting within Corporate Services.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 29th April 2018.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- School/university leaver working towards an accounting qualification, or part qualified
- Have strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- A strong control focus is essential and
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of working within a Finance function
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and also with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within GSK which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of Treasury's activities
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within GSK
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel, with particular focus on meeting key reporting deadlines and delivering results
- A self-starter, results-oriented
- Knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.